AT&T users and internet sharing

Psycmeistr

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Well, I've never done the internet sharing thing..now that it is supposedly available through Tango, does AT&T sock you in terms of extra charges when you tether your PC to your phone? I'm still grandfathered into unlimited data, but if I recall correctly, AT&T charges extra (or at least used to) for tethering...

Psycmeistr

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Just for grins and giggles I turned on the Internet Sharing application on my 900- says that I have to go to Myatt.com or call 611 to enable it. My guess is that so they can charge you extra for it.

I guess that answers my own question, but if you have any additional or contrary input, I'd still love to hear it.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Is that correct I thought it was included in there 5gig plan? That is $50/ month so your increase will depend on what your currently paying.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
AT&T keeps playing around with tethering cost. Just a few months ago I was getting emails from AT&T telling me I could upgrade my 2GB plan to a 4GB plan with tethering. They don't even have a 2GB plan anymore. :D

pderosa

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
That is right about the $50/month plan. You get 5 gigs with it. I was saying $20 since the only other choice right now is $30/month for 3 gigs with no tethering. I actually have the tethering plan for $38 due to a discount I have.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs