4G vs 4G LTE SIM

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I live in the Detroit are and we still don't have LTE but I am using a LTE sim card. There is no difference in cost between the plans and I was told that for visual voicemail to work I needed a LTE sim. Also I travel some (two trips to DC since July) and it was nice to be able to use LTE where they do have it.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I see that there's no difference between the data plans. I might go and get the LTE SIM. I thought the LTE data plans were $10 more a month.
I live in the Detroit are and we still don't have LTE but I am using a LTE sim card. There is no difference in cost between the plans and I was told that for visual voicemail to work I needed a LTE sim. Also I travel some (two trips to DC since July) and it was nice to be able to use LTE where they do have it.

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

Downriver, in Southgate, MI, LTE has been popping in and out. I've been told by reps in the area the full launch is expected soon in Metro Detroit. They're in the testing phases right now.

The closer to the center of town (Trenton Rd./Eureka Rd. area) is where it's the strongest. But where I live, my phone goes in and out of LTE. Kills my battery. But the speeds are nice when I'm in the sweet spot.

My fastest recorded speed test on the LTE network via the app "Bandwidth" (no longer available I believe) was on 8/16/2012 @ 6:33:47pm off of the Dearborn, MI server... 18.16 Mbps down and 4.10 Mbps up.

My fastest recorded speed test on the 4G network via the same app was on 8/18/2012 @ 4:47:12am off of the Dearborn, MI server... 6.20 Mbps down and 2.56 Mbps up.

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Downriver, in Southgate, MI, LTE has been popping in and out. I've been told by reps in the area the full launch is expected soon in Metro Detroit. They're in the testing phases right now.

The closer to the center of town (Trenton Rd./Eureka Rd. area) is where it's the strongest. But where I live, my phone goes in and out of LTE. Kills my battery. But the speeds are nice when I'm in the sweet spot.

My fastest recorded speed test on the LTE network via the app "Bandwidth" (no longer available I believe) was on 8/16/2012 @ 6:33:47pm off of the Dearborn, MI server... 18.16 Mbps down and 4.10 Mbps up.

My fastest recorded speed test on the 4G network via the same app was on 8/18/2012 @ 4:47:12am off of the Dearborn, MI server... 6.20 Mbps down and 2.56 Mbps up.

Sweet. Thanks for the update, it gives me something to look forward to.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I've been playing around with AT&T Tango release for about an hour straight, and I really don't see any improvements. The unlock screen works faster now, when you have it PIN unlocked. Other than that, I don't see anything noticeable.

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I've been playing around with AT&T Tango release for about an hour straight, and I really don't see any improvements. The unlock screen works faster now, when you have it PIN unlocked. Other than that, I don't see anything noticeable.

Try flipping it over the next time it rings. You now have a "flip to silent" feature that will silence your phone if you flip it face down.

Also try taking a picture or two to see if you're taking better quality pictures now.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Flipping the phone when it rings works! Pretty nice add on. I didn't have any photos on my phone before the Tango update to compare to. I got the phone yesterday, and immediately started the update process.
Try flipping it over the next time it rings. You now have a "flip to silent" feature that will silence your phone if you flip it face down.

Also try taking a picture or two to see if you're taking better quality pictures now.

jiffffy pop

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
About a month ago, an AT&T rep said Metro Detroit will get LTE by March 2013 with testing already happening. I still have yet to see LTE pop up around here in Livonia.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
About a month ago, an AT&T rep said Metro Detroit will get LTE by March 2013 with testing already happening. I still have yet to see LTE pop up around here in Livonia.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

March 2013? Jesus! Well I guess that's better than December 2013. I'll try to stay positive. :cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes