Lumia 900 Buy back program?

henilp89

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
am i hoping for too much? please i dont want 900 anymore.. if you guys think if there will be any buy back programs

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I doubt it, but you could always look to sell it on ebay/craigs list.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

henilp89

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
ya i know thats an option but this phone is barely 6month old and im gonna have to put another $200 or $300s to get Lumia 920.. thats ridiculous

Kredrian

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I will be passing my L900 on to a friend, after I get the 920. I could probably sell my old phones, but I prefer giving them to friends that need them. Kinda like finding a home for a kitten.

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Actually I don't see it with just the Nokia line. I wouldn't be surprised to see if MS did something like this through their MS Stores to increase foot traffic there and to try and get some goodwill from all the 7.5 customers. Also because Apple does it.

tewill

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I love my Lumia 900, and don't need the latest and greatest, but am taking issue with it being obsoleted just 5 months after it was first released. I'd be happy if MS/Nokia/AT&T offered pretty much any financial incentive to make it easier to upgrade from a 900 to a 920. Plus, I imagine doing so would also help significantly to inflate the 920's initial sales numbers ;)

EddyKilowatt

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I agree it's Microsoft's job, not Nokia's. Setting aside my narrow self interest, I think it'd be a smart, if expensive, move for Microsoft. It was really pretty shabby treatment of their early-adopter base, and any act of contrition should help rebuild goodwill, and if done right, make for good PR.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
You do realise Microsoft make like $10 a phone. Add that to the billions they've put into Nokia, and then tell me where Microsoft are making enough money off Nokia phones to warrant giving you money?

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express

idahoprime

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
i emailed AT&T the other day just for the **** of it to see if there were any rumblings of any kind of incentive to help out those who are going to want to purchase the 902's outright. here's the expected response i got:

Unfortunately, we have not had any communication regarding any price
breaks for the Lumia 900 users at this point. I apologize for any
inconvenience.​

:dry

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
ya i know thats an option but this phone is barely 6month old and im gonna have to put another $200 or $300s to get Lumia 920.. thats ridiculous

No, you don't.

The only thing that is ridiculous is thinking that the phone you probably really liked the day before the 920 was announced is suddenly a worthless piece of junk you can't wait to get rid off.

I plan on keeping my 900 until the end of my contract, you should too.

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I honestly think that if people try Windows Phone, they will like it. Maybe they won't love it, but they will at least appreciate the fact that settings aren't buried and navigating the phone is easy enough tackle without an engineering degree. (I'm attempting to be funny)

Can you make an Android based device just as intuitive? Yes.

Here's the problem:

Unless it is a stock device, don't expect frequent updates
Unless it was made by Nokia, don't expect great support

Once you get into the Huawei's and Zio's of the world you lose that wonderful support. Samsung is a large enough company but they take a device like the Galaxy S3 and make it feel cheap. By comparison you have the HTC One X that is a sexy unibody design with a gorgeous screen and camera....yet it only has 1GB of RAM and the skin/theme for the interface hogs up a good portion of your memory.

I need my Lumia back. Well, maybe a Blue one. Or the Black. I can't decide. Yes, I'm crazy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs