So I just sold my iPhone 4S for the 900, with the intention of upgrading to the 920 in November (or whenever it gets released in Canada). After using it for a while I absolutely LOVE the OS, though I do have a couple questions:

1) Is it possible to have the battery percentage displayed on the lock or home screen instead of always going into the settings?

2) I keep hearing about this Keep Wifi Alive app, but I cannot seem to find it in the Marketplace. Is it restricted to the US or is it a homebrew app?

EDIT:

Also wanted to know if WP7.5 has any integration with Windows 8, or if that is only in WP7.8/8?
    Last edited by dos101; 09-07-2012 at 01:44 PM.
    09-07-2012 12:57 PM
    So I just sold my iPhone 4S for the 900, with the intention of upgrading to the 920 in November (or whenever it gets released in Canada). After using it for a while I absolutely LOVE the OS, though I do have a couple questions:

1) Is it possible to have the battery percentage displayed on the lock or home screen instead of always going into the settings?

2) I keep hearing about this Keep Wifi Alive app, but I cannot seem to find it in the Marketplace. Is it restricted to the US or is it a homebrew app?

EDIT:

Also wanted to know if WP7.5 has any integration with Windows 8, or if that is only in WP7.8/8?
    Windows phone does not support the option to change how the battery is displayed. This did bother me at first, but I don't even think about it now.

Here is a link to the Keep Wifi Alive
    http://windowsphone.com/s?appId=cfab...5-ef1a9edd085f

SkyDrive is in windows 8, so any pictures, documents, videos, anything cloud related will be on your windows 8 device as well. And windows 8 also has the same people hub, and more like your your windows phone device
    09-08-2012 12:18 PM
    Windows phone does not support the option to change how the battery is displayed. This did bother me at first, but I don't even think about it now.

Here is a link to the Keep Wifi Alive
    http://windowsphone.com/s?appId=cfab...5-ef1a9edd085f

SkyDrive is in windows 8, so any pictures, documents, videos, anything cloud related will be on your windows 8 device as well. And windows 8 also has the same people hub, and more like your your windows phone device
    Ok thanks! Nice to have wifi on all the time :)

Just another quick question. The Counters app, when I run it the app says I need to connect to Zune and update, but of course I already have and Zune says there's no update (I'm on 8773). After a bit of googleling everyone says it was fixed after the Tango update. Any ideas why it says I need an update?
    09-10-2012 05:04 PM
    If you have access to it in your Marketplace, download iHeartRadio. KeepWiFiAlive has been shown to be somewhat unreliable. But iHeartRadio will keep your WiFi on. Open the app, select a station, play for a couple seconds, stop the music, back out of the app. WiFi will stay on. No need to keep the app behind the lock screen or any other rules. It simply works.

Don't remember if Counters requires the 8773 or 8779 update. Are both your OS and firmware updated to 8773? The latest OS is 7.10.8779.8 and Firmware: 2175.2301.8779.12223. Counters works for me with these versions. Not sure why its not available to you.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro
    09-10-2012 08:44 PM
    If you have access to it in your Marketplace, download iHeartRadio. KeepWiFiAlive has been shown to be somewhat unreliable. But iHeartRadio will keep your WiFi on. Open the app, select a station, play for a couple seconds, stop the music, back out of the app. WiFi will stay on. No need to keep the app behind the lock screen or any other rules. It simply works.

Don't remember if Counters requires the 8773 or 8779 update. Are both your OS and firmware updated to 8773? The latest OS is 7.10.8779.8 and Firmware: 2175.2301.8779.12223. Counters works for me with these versions. Not sure why its not available to you.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro
    OS is 8773 but firmware is 8107. Neither Zune nor my phone is prompting me for an update. Tried Nokia Care Suit but doesn't seem to like Win7 64bit. Also tried the Zune trick to update but no success. Not sure what I can do to get the updates lol
    09-10-2012 09:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD