So I cracked my screen... and fixed it.

simzzdev

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
So I dropped my Lumia 900 a while back without a case on, onto the street, and got a small crack at the bottom of the screen. I was mad, but didn't mind too much... then a couple months later dropped it again onto a wood floor, about a foot less of a drop than the previous drop, with a case on, and the whole thing just shattered. So I bought a LCD/digitizer online to replace it with, and after some slightly scary moments I was able to fix it. Now it is beautiful and perfect again. Also, the unresponsive/sticky buttons issue known in L900's was present in my phone with the old screen, but the new screen I replaced it with fixed it!

PICTURE: Repaired my #Lumia900 screen (was cracked). As an added bonus... on Twitpic

So if anyone is interested, there's my story... Post comments if you want, have you cracked your Lumia?

simzzdev

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Haha, well I am surprised I didn't ruin it worse in the process of repairing it... The YouTube video makes it look much easier :)

mjdale

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
I am very interested, destroyed my screen last week. I am seeing screens on line for sale anywhere from 88.00 all the way up to 200. I am confident that I can replace it but I don't want to get scammed on the purchase

simzzdev

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
By the way, I think all the eBay screens come from China. Mine took 2 weeks to ship here to the U.S.

If you see the small, thin, curved crack in the lower left corner, that's the original crack I mentioned in my first post.

simzzdev

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the tip, I actually did check that site, but at the time it was like $30 more, and with shipping would have been more than eBay. Now it ends up being $110 including shipping, which is almost $20 less than I paid.

simzzdev

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Cool. I got a cyan and wanted to switch it for a white, but they were a lot more expensive in white. Plus, I don't think I could do it. It was hard enough for me to do just the screen.

Abby_Fith143

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
hi I am happy you fixed your screen with out any problems, my phone cracked can you tell me the place/website where you got the screen and how much it cost. I don't care if I have to fix it my self but I am just scared that I will get ripped off.

simzzdev

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Wow, it's been a while since anyone posted on this.
Anyway, I just bought a digitizer/lcd screen for the L900 from eBay (bought the cheapest one I could find that included tools, it came from China)
Then I found a video from YouTube on how to replace the Lumia 900's screen. My biggest regret was not watching it carefully-I missed the part where it said to use a heat gun or similar to melt the glue on the battery. Luckily, it turned out fine. Just make sure to watch and listen carefully.

Good luck and I hope this helped.
-Johnny

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99