My beloved Lumia just flat out Crashed while looking at phone. Will not power up.

Selfie_13

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Very Srange as to what happened to my Lumia while laying on my desk and just so happened to glance over to see it crash. Battery was basically full, but will not allow me to turn phone back on. Its been roughly 40 min. and im out of options as to what else to try myself. To the ATT store it looks like. Luckily i have a Quantum as my backup phone.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Try plugging it back up and see if you hear the tone it does when you plug it in. If you hear that, hold down the power button and see if it reboots.

Selfie_13

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
ill be damn, it is alive, somewhat. Thank you for the link SPEEDTOUCH, as i knew of this before i believe one of the volume keys were not cooperating with me, or maybe i didnt put any muscle into it, Thank You again.

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
ill be damn, it is alive, somewhat. Thank you for the link SPEEDTOUCH, as i knew of this before i believe one of the volume keys were not cooperating with me, or maybe i didnt put any muscle into it, Thank You again.

Well, you're quite welcome my Southern brother from another mother and, most assuredly, father! I'm always happy to be of help. But you mentioned that it's alive, "somewhat". Any updates on that?

MikeInBA

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Ever since tango my 900 has been randomly crashing too. Its usually just as I turn the screen off. A few seconds later ill go back to see if I missed a txt, or do whatever and my phone is off. Holding down the power button turns it back on. However there have been a couple times that it happened and when i turned it back on, it went in to a rebooting loop where it would start to boot up, nokia logo would come up, then it would shut down again...wash, rinse, repeat for a good minute.

With the problems Ive had with my 900 I will most likely go back to Samsung (who i hate) if I am absolutely jonesing for a WP8 phone, but if I can hold off a few months, and the 920 doesnt seem to have so many problems reported, ill give them a shot again. its only fair since i gave samsung 2 shots (at least their hardware worked, i just hated how they felt).

MikeInBA

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
oh, and I have had an instance where i thought my 900 was dead. It simply would not power on, even when i plugged it in. So i left it plugged in and every 5 minutes i would go and try the power button, praying it would turn on. Finally after 25 minutes, i checked and it had powered on itself. I know it wasnt a low battery because when it did finally power on, it showed the charge was full.

ATGSage

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I've been having this issue with my 822 for a long time. I find that if I take out the battery and re-install it, everything is fine. When I first got the phone (back in December), I had the problem and when I contacted Verizon, I was told that taking out the battery was a "recommended" fix! I don't mind it too much but it is a pain and any of my friends with smart phones think I'm crazy for putting up with it. Most of the time, I experience this after the phone sits overnight andI always keep it at least 80% charged and I don't have any apps running in the background. At this point, I don't know what options I have since I've had the phone for a couple months now. I had heard that there was an update coming that would hopefully address this issue, along with the freezing/rebooting issue but when I asked Nokia about the update today, I was told that they still don't have any information on the update..... :cry:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3