What to expect form WP 7.8

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
If I am not wrong. WP 7.8 is just a stripped down version of WP8. So will WP 7.8 at bring

1) True background Multi-tasking which is there in WP 8?
2) Will it bring 1080 video recording or it is a limitation caused because of single core?
3) Will it have Windows NT Kernal system or will it have old crappy Windows Mobile Kernal system that is present in WP 7.5?
4) Will it bring significant improvement in battery life?
5) Will it still use Zune or just like Windows 8 it will use some other better software for synchromization
6) Will it allow to use MP3 files as ringtones?

Marute

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
1. Doubt it.
2. Doubt it.
3. Doubt it.
4. Doubt it.
5. This I find likely.
6. Probably.

But really, all I want is the start screen, more support from Nokia and some native apps updates like IE10 and so on. :)

idahoprime

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
like was mentioned before, all i care about is the new start screen, more theme colors & hopefully IE 10. But I would DIE to have custom SMS alert tones and it blows my mind that it doesnt seem to be happening... ARGHHHHH

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I think 1080 too is an important factor. Is it something only dual core can do? I can't think of any single core smartphone which has the capability of 1080P video recording @ 30FPS

tayfelix

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Guys. Ringtone is exclusive to lumias. And they won't be 1080p video recording. As WP 7.8 still use crap CE Kernel. And the kernel will forever be with WP 7.

Sent from my GT-I8350 using Board Express

oldgaius

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Based on the information we have so far, the only feature 7.8 will bring is the updated Start screen. Anything else is likely to be minor cosmetic changes (e.g. colours, name/icon changes).

If you don't expect anything, you won't be disappointed.

MoggSquad

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm still pretty mad about Lumia 900's not supporting WP8. I understand why they can't, but for those who just signed up for a new contract less than 6 months ago to get one should get discounts on WP8 phones.

I actually e-mailed Elop about this and pretty much received a "we're looking into this" answer. Says a lot depends on the carriers.

HTC at least has a trade up program which has me leaning towards the 8x. The 900's trade up value is $175

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Based on the information we have so far, the only feature 7.8 will bring is the updated Start screen. Anything else is likely to be minor cosmetic changes (e.g. colours, name/icon changes).

If you don't expect anything, you won't be disappointed.

Actually, based on the information we have... the only known major feature is the start screen. There are apparently also new sharing features in 7.8. We also know that the Lumias are apparently getting some extra love from WP7.8. Beyond that, we just know that there are some unspecified WP8 features that are being ported back.

I doubt true multi-tasking is one of them, though.

IE 10 probably isn't either.

SSK the Gr8

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
latest custom roms are build 8835. They have nothing more than the new start screen.
Latest build I've heard about is 8849.
Lets wait till 7.8 's release. We still have like 2-3 months at least. We might get some more features.

akar33

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
WP 7.8 is not even out, nor have the features been discussed by Microsoft. What's the point of speculating and having a Q/A session of an unreleased and unknown software. If I tell you 'yes' on all the points you mentioned, will you be happy then?

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
WP 7.8 is not even out, nor have the features been discussed by Microsoft. What's the point of speculating and having a Q/A session of an unreleased and unknown software. If I tell you 'yes' on all the points you mentioned, will you be happy then?

Because I am analyzing the benifits that WP 7.8 will offer, if its really worth to upgrade to WP 7.8

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro