Considering Buying

sheppy1#WN

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I'm considering selling my iPhone 4 and buying this phone instead, the only thing that's stopping me is the fact that it can't be upgraded to Windows 8, I don't want to be stuck with a phone that can't be upgraded to the latest and greatest and won't also won't be able to get any of the newest apps. Will this be the case? Or will I still be able to get updates for all of the apps even when windows phone 8 versions of the apps come out?

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
NOOOOOOOO! Don't do it!

Devs can choose to support 7.8 but they can also decide to program for WP8 only. But aside from that, you're only like 1 month away from all the new devices coming out. ONE MONTH! Wait it out. ;)

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
If it was May or June, I would suggest you to buy the L900. But being 4-5 weeks from the launch of WP8, waiting would be the right thing to do. If you are paying cash (no carrier subsidy) the L900 is still a great phone and you can probably find something used for under $200.

Apps will eventually begin to migrate to WP8, but the fact is many existing apps won't benefit from any of the newer APIs. So aside from features/bug fixes, which can all be done within the WP7x platform, no reason for many apps to port to WP8 immediately. Figure it will be close to a year before you really notice any shortcomings. Apps that "require" new WP8 APIs, different story.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss