Hi Guys,

I'm considering selling my iPhone 4 and buying this phone instead, the only thing that's stopping me is the fact that it can't be upgraded to Windows 8, I don't want to be stuck with a phone that can't be upgraded to the latest and greatest and won't also won't be able to get any of the newest apps. Will this be the case? Or will I still be able to get updates for all of the apps even when windows phone 8 versions of the apps come out?

09-22-2012 03:59 PM
    NOOOOOOOO! Don't do it!

Devs can choose to support 7.8 but they can also decide to program for WP8 only. But aside from that, you're only like 1 month away from all the new devices coming out. ONE MONTH! Wait it out. ;)
    09-22-2012 04:23 PM
    If it was May or June, I would suggest you to buy the L900. But being 4-5 weeks from the launch of WP8, waiting would be the right thing to do. If you are paying cash (no carrier subsidy) the L900 is still a great phone and you can probably find something used for under $200.

Apps will eventually begin to migrate to WP8, but the fact is many existing apps won't benefit from any of the newer APIs. So aside from features/bug fixes, which can all be done within the WP7x platform, no reason for many apps to port to WP8 immediately. Figure it will be close to a year before you really notice any shortcomings. Apps that "require" new WP8 APIs, different story.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro
    09-22-2012 04:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD