I just downloaded maps through manage maps on nokia drive with an updated lumia 900. i was connected to wifi but the app decided to use cellular data.
    is this been filed before?
    10-02-2012 11:53 PM
    This is the first time I have heard this. I have lost WIFI during a download before and the download stopped. How do you know the maps were downloaded on cell data?
    10-03-2012 05:51 AM
    This happened to many people before if the device was left to sleep while the download was happening. We all know WP shuts WIFI off and goes to cellular data 30 seconds after the phone sleeps.

Is this the case?
    10-03-2012 08:40 AM
    I just downloaded maps through manage maps on nokia drive with an updated lumia 900. i was connected to wifi but the app decided to use cellular data.
    is this been filed before?
    Is your router faily new?
    10-03-2012 12:07 PM
    This is the first time I have heard this. I have lost WIFI during a download before and the download stopped. How do you know the maps were downloaded on cell data?
    thanks for the replies, i was close to hitting my data limit and soon as i was halfway done with downloading an offine map i immediately went over my data and got a text and i verified using the Nokia Counters app. at the sametime i could browse the web and not use cellular data,
    then i went back to download another map, i saw the same thing, i could tell LTE was being used because the phone was getting hot as well. most of all my cell data usage was going up even though i was connected to wifi and i could track this to the Drive app only.
    Last edited by Jakoh; 10-06-2012 at 12:23 AM.
    10-06-2012 12:15 AM
    Is your router faily new?
    I use an wnr3500l, a very popular and new N router from netgear.
    10-06-2012 12:17 AM
    This happened to many people before if the device was left to sleep while the download was happening. We all know WP shuts WIFI off and goes to cellular data 30 seconds after the phone sleeps.

Is this the case?
    nope, i was actively using the device when i started the download, i even verified that i was connected to wifi before i started. i had been using other apps before the Drive app without any impact to my cell data.
    Last edited by Jakoh; 10-06-2012 at 12:25 AM.
    10-06-2012 12:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD