10-27-2012 11:00 AM
34 12
tools
    Nope...you are right at that. It looks like i will have to get myself a gophone account and then try again. I have spoken to 6 people so far and only one was able to partially help.
    10-22-2012 02:55 PM
    For those who have unlocked their phones, how did you do the procedure where you're supposed to enter #PW + code + 7 ???

I cannot get those characters to appear.
    10-23-2012 01:07 PM
    I just noticed this on the Network Setup app description...

"on SIM locked devices, even after unlocking, this application will not configure the Internet and MMS settings."

So how did so many people get it to work then?
    10-23-2012 01:46 PM
    I did the chat with International Support, had my unlock code in 5 mins. Told them I was traveling to the UK and was planning on using prepaid sim cards while there.

Funny too because my account was past due at the time. I can tell you that calling US Customer Service would have immediately returned a big ol' DENIED due to the past due balance..
    10-23-2012 02:51 PM
    I just noticed this on the Network Setup app description...

"on SIM locked devices, even after unlocking, this application will not configure the Internet and MMS settings."

So how did so many people get it to work then?
    I think they mean it won't do it automatically for you. You'll have to input the settings yourself.
    10-23-2012 09:41 PM
    I got mine unlocked for T-mobile USA.
    But for some reason, the wireless icon sometimes switches between E and 4G (2~3 bars). But it doesn't seem to be able to actually get any data when it's on 4G, and I have no way of forcing Edge-only. And I am pretty sure T-mobile hasn't switched on the borrowed-from-AT&T-3G in my area anyway.
    Any suggestions?
    10-25-2012 02:03 AM
    Well, after reading about all the excitement of getting the Lumia unlocked, I finally called for my unlock code yesterday... 45 minutes later, the first person explained it would not be available for my trip to London until December... A second attempt, and another 35 minutes on the phone, got the exact same answer...

Any one have a direct number to someone that knows this stuff? I'm an interesting scenario since I am not a contract sub and I didn't buy the phone as it was an awesome prize from Nokia US... They have zero ties to me and I can only use it on Straight Talk or another MVNO at this point.
    10-25-2012 06:46 PM
    or you can just buy unlock code from ebay.
    Some sellers may be able to check if it's unlockable based on your phone's IMEI, so you probably want to ask first before buying.
    10-25-2012 07:45 PM
    So far the cheapest I've found online for unlocking one is $50 and a possible 2 day wait... I have an unlocked/debranded Focus S and an unlocked Titan that I am using in the meantime, but the fact that AT&T is unlocking some while not doing others is very irritating!
    10-27-2012 11:00 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD