Battery and LTE?

Jordan Miera

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey all,

When you live in an area without LTE, does your battery drain while the phone constantly looks for an LTE signal? I understand that battery life is worse while actively using LTE, but is it the same story when you don't live in an area with it?

Thanks!

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
JDM, the phone shouldn't be looking for an LTE signal in an area without LTE. If it has an established connection it should just use that.

Also I haven't noticed worse battery life on LTE...oddly enough I still get excellent battery life living here near Seattle in an area with good LTE signal.

Jordan Miera

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
JDM, the phone shouldn't be looking for an LTE signal in an area without LTE. If it has an established connection it should just use that.

Also I haven't noticed worse battery life on LTE...oddly enough I still get excellent battery life living here near Seattle in an area with good LTE signal.

Great! Thanks for letting me know what your experience has been. :D

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I used my 900 for 3 months on 3G and now it's been a month on LTE and I did not notice any drop in battery life.

I have LTE at work 1 bar yet battery life is amazing. I only get 3G 4G at home and the phone doesn't drain battery trying to get LTE.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I also used my device for the first month I had it without LTE.

I've been using it on LTE since then, and I have not noticed any difference in battery life.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to add to what I said earlier.

I think it actually helped my battery life a bit since I can get in and get out of things faster due to the faster speeds. I spend less time with the screen on due to that, which helps the life.

I often can go over 48 hours without a charge, and that's with some web usage, a few calls, and texting and such.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes