Funny story I thought I'd share...

The other night I was with a group of friends, and the majority of them had the iPhone 4s/5.

They were all talking about how much they all loved their new phones and talking about all of the new features.

I showed them my teal Lumia 900, and jaws dropped! I gave a quick demo of the People Hub and it's facebook integration, I showed them the Zune interface, and I showed them that any app they use is in the Marketplace.

One of my friends that had the 5 got so "sad" and said, "I'm so sick of new phones being better than my iPhone!"

Trust me, I was sure to let him know that my phone had been out for 1/2 of a year, and that he could have bought one for .99 cents. :P
    10-25-2012 10:59 AM
    that's the reactions my friends get when they are trying to do something and I do it in less then half the time with my Trophy! So far I've embarrassed countless iPhone 5s, Galaxy Nexus', and Galaxy S 3s with my year and a half old charm! Then when I win, I like to show them a PowerPoint I made on my phone about how its better than theirs! ;) haha
    10-25-2012 11:04 AM
    Don't forget to point out your WP7.x phones are running on single core processors. :)
    voosham likes this.
    10-25-2012 11:16 AM
    Don't forget to point out your WP7.x phones are running on single core processors. :)
    This is one point i really love to point out.
    My dad has an HTC One X with a quad core processor and i can still perform day to day tasks faster than he can :)
    10-25-2012 12:17 PM
    I switched to a Galaxy Nexus from a Lumia 900. I was amazed at how much longer it took me to do everyday tasks on the Nexus. I just sold the Nexus and will be getting the Lumia 920 on release day.
    10-25-2012 01:29 PM
    I would agree, the best is beating the google search on the iphone's and andriod's with bing. Ill be out and someone asks a question, everyone pulls out their phones to find it, and i have the answer before any of their phones are done searching, and on top of having the answer I have were you can get it locally and can get directions before they can even launch another app to get that information. I have actually switched Die hard apple fans over to windows phones. its great!
    Last edited by h4ck3d; 10-25-2012 at 01:42 PM. Reason: I cant spell
    10-25-2012 01:41 PM
    I would agree, the best is beating the google search on the iphone's and andriod's with bing. Ill be out and someone asks a question, everyone pulls out their phones to find it, and i have the answer before any of their phones are done searching, and on top of having the answer I have were you can get it locally and can get directions before they can even launch another app to get that information. I have actually switched Die hard apple fans over to windows phones. its great!
    I'm looking forward to doing this with my group of friends. Out of the group of us there are 5 iphones, 2 android phones, and a couple dumb phones. I will be the only WP. We'll see how many WP's there are once people can start upgrading ;-)
    10-25-2012 02:31 PM
    I love watching the video series of Windows Phone 7 beating everyone out. I've had an iPhone for over 4 years and it's made me happy thus far but I am now bored and ready for change. Cannot wait to get a Lumia 920. I'm a little scared of it not living up to my expectations but I'm hopeful that it will be better than I can imagine.
    10-25-2012 03:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD