Would you pay for Windows Phone 8?

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Somebody mentioned in another thread that they think the real reason we aren't getting WP8 is that Microsoft didn't make any money on it.

So, the question comes up. If Ballmer, or whoever, came up to you and asked for... say... 50$ and you'd get the full Windows Phone 8 experience, would you agree to it?

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Somebody mentioned in another thread that they think the real reason we aren't getting WP8 is that Microsoft didn't make any money on it.

So, the question comes up. If Ballmer, or whoever, came up to you and asked for... say... 50$ and you'd get the full Windows Phone 8 experience, would you agree to it?

Simple, no.

We aren't sporting Android devices here. No one is saying I'll make compromise X to have feature Y. I wouldn't be surprised if someone out there thought about and perhaps even figured out a way to get most if not all of the features of WP8 on a custom ROM. However, the point of WP8 and new hardware is to further the OS and get wider adoption. Yeah, we're going to make money on this says Microsoft. What business isn't out to make money?

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
arguably the 820 is very close to the 900 in terms of specs, with the CPU being the main difference. When XDA figures out a way, they will have that ROM running flawlessly on the 900.

I would pay for a proper update, it seems like fleecing but whatever. 7.8 is just window dressing.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I would not pay for WP8 on my current device, but I would probably consider upgrading to a new device if I received a trade-in offer.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
not for Windows Phone devices that I'm aware of. But if you send in an LG Quantum for repair the bastards will give you an Android phone of some sort I hear.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Don't think so.

My HD7 is getting very long in the tooth. Compared to modern phones its a slow brick, with a useless camera.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I just paid for Windows 8 so I wouldn't have any reservations about paying for WP8. However, I'd wait to see how sluggish WP8 would be on my 900.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos