Cant fit headphone jack all the way in the headphone port

anon(5351082)

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Some some reason i can't plug a headphone jack or an auxiliary cable into the headphone port on top of my 900. It almost goes in all the way but stops just short and to the point where i cant get any sounds. If i do its either just the right or left. I'll probably just send it back to Nokia but wanted to avoid that if i could.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
New or used? I had the same problem on my N8 on the first day.. it was cos my pocket was so full of lint that it had gone into the 3,5mm jack and blocked the plug from going all the way in. I used a toothpick or something similar to clean it out.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
:D

The amount of lint that came out of there was incredible when I first did it! My previous phone didnt have any jacks that the lint could fit into, but the N8 had the uncovered 3,5mm jack (old one had this pin connector thingie) and the amount of flint that had gone there in just few hours was crazy! Sure cleaned those pockets too after that, I personally thought it was the headphones that were faulty.

anon(5351082)

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
same here, i kept poking at it with the toothpick and lint stuff just came pouring out it was incredible. i thought it was a manufacturer defect orsomething. i was gonna send it in haha

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
same here, i kept poking at it with the toothpick and lint stuff just came pouring out it was incredible. i thought it was a manufacturer defect orsomething. i was gonna send it in haha

Just think how embarrassed you would've been when they sent it back to you with all the lint in a small sealable plastic bag thingie or something :D

goken310

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I didn't see this thread until I tried looking into the jack and reading all types of nonsense regarding software updates. I finally removed two dense balls of lint from the audio jack, after using a paper clip for half an hour. Mine was likely pretty difficult because I kept jamming my audio pin in there thinking something was warped inside the audio jack, or the earphone pin was deformed.

Attached are the two pieces of lintWP_000220.jpg

dachampz321

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I would like to sincerely thank you for your help. I just removed a bunch of lint from my headphone jack using a wet toothpick. I was worried that my headphone jack was broken, because my headphones kept falling out .

Wilson4

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
Thank goodness for this post. I had the same problem and had been jamming my ear bud plug in hard. And I had a Note 5 so I couldn't remove the battery, so I took the suggestion of using a toothpick to avoid shorting something in the jack with a metal paperclip. I got the lint out in less than a minute by twirling the toothpick which because of its square shape easily grabbed onto the compacted lint.20160406_234720_resized.jpg

Kai Dawson

May 30, 2018
Visit site
New or used? I had the same problem on my N8 on the first day.. it was cos my pocket was so full of lint that it had gone into the 3,5mm jack and blocked the plug from going all the way in. I used a toothpick or something similar to clean it out.
Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you holy **** thank you

Sunny Pandey1

Jun 11, 2018
Visit site
Thanks man that really helped...
That f***ing lint.. tried it with the toothpick.. if u don't get it just lick the pick alittle the lint will come running out

Johncfc4life

Jul 6, 2018
Visit site
I didn't actually think this could be the reason but it actually was, the smallest ball of material
(as attached) from one of my pockets stuck at the bottom, took a bit of careful digging and dragging to get it out. Now it's perfect again!

Attachments

• IMG_20180706_191026.jpg
    IMG_20180706_191026.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0

Muneeb Zaman

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
The amazing thing is i tried tooth pick, poked, poked,poked but nothing came out, finally I just inserted headphones and its worksssssssssss hahahah.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb