Yahoo! Mail Problem

mdelacoma

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Late yesterday and into today I have been having issues with my Yahoo Mail. Last night I kept getting a screen that said something like "info not updated" or close to that. The cursor was on the password area. I've tried only entering my password as well as my username and password. That doesn't work. I've gone into system>email+accounts and under Yahoo! Mail is says "Attention required" but when I tap that it takes me to a screen that says Yahoo! Mail password is incorrect...Update your password for winmo.imap.mail.yahoo.com:993:1 and tap save. When I do that it takes my to the email+accounts screen again, showing that Yahoo! Mail is syncing. But that doesn't work. Again, I get the "Attention required" ...actually sometimes it says "not up to date" and sometimes it just kicks me out to the system screen.

I've also gone into Yahoo! Mail and selected settings from the 3 dots option. When I select "sync settings" and scroll down to the password area it shows 16 dots representing characters for my password. My password does not have that many characters. If I change it and select the check mark, it takes me back to the yahoo! mail settings screen. I've tried two different options at that point: 1 is to select the check mark and 2 is to select "sync settings" neither of which solves the problem.

I've tried connecting my phone to my computer and updating in Zune. I've tried turning my phone off. Nothing seems to help.

Anybody know what the problem is or what I can do about this? What would happen if I deleted this account and then went back in and added the same account again?

I appreciate any help with this. I have no idea what the **** is going on or how to fix it. Thanks!

mdelacoma

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I just got the "info not updated" message again. Here's what it says when I tap on it: Yahoo! Mail error......last updated 'x' hours ago......We're having a problem updating (dang, it kicked me out before I could finish, don't remember the rest) something about checking to make sure my information is correct and it had an error code at the bottom. Don't remember it but it had Zeros and Eights in it.....Got it. It's Error code: 800C0000

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
When I used to use yahoo as my primary account, I had to subscribe to yahoo plus to get pop3 access, is this still the case?
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
When I used to use yahoo as my primary account, I had to subscribe to yahoo plus to get pop3 access, is this still the case?
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

No I have a yahoo email account on mine working just fine. I did see this happen to me a while back and I kept having to enter the password to sync then it would do it again. Went away after a couple days so I assumed it was on Yahoo's end.

SinisterDuck

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

No, WP and iOS use IMAP and do not need Yahoo Plus -- it's free. I don't know what the issue is or how to fix it, but it's not POP related. Might be a Yahoo server problem.

mdelacoma

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Your not alone, I'm having this very issue and its frustrating. Hoping for a fix...
Thanks for replying. It is frustrating. I'm also having other issues now. My phone is really slow and lagging. Never had this problem until the email thing. I feel like this phone is suddenly falling apart. Considering a hard reset. But I'm not sure what all is involved with that. I did connect to Zune, so all my pics, videos, music etc should be backed up there. What would it hurt to try? Any help on trying this would be appreciated.

Mordor2112

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Oh cr*p, my Yahoo! Mail app went crazy too. Since last tuesday it won't synch no matter what I do... in Config/Emails and Accounts Yahoo! is either in grey or with the "not updated" message.
What the heck is going on?
Just for testing a added my Google Account and it's behaving just like Yahoo!...no syching, nothing

:-O

Last edited:

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I just bit the bullett and added my sbcglobal.net email just no problems setting upo enetred email address and password synched right away.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I got two emails from Yahoo people yesterday. I decided to change my Yahoo password but now my WP will not sync. It keeps saying attention required even though the password is correct. If it does take it and sync, next time it tries to sync it says attention required again. This is happening to me and my wife. Two different 920s, two different Yahoo accounts. We both updated our passwords now we can't use the account on our WP's.

gani11

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Dear,

when you are going to access your yahoomail please go to www.yahoomail.com

And Then Access your mail id

plesae go to setting menu on your mail id

to select POP & Forwarding is after click
Access Yahoo! Mail via POP this option you have to click on
if you done all of the setps . then you try to access you phone
i hope it will work

Members online