Windows Button Keeps activating Voice Prompt

badMojo69

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
It's random, but happens way to much. I've even reset the phone and it keeps happening.
Anyone else have this or know of a way to just disable it?

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
A long press of the windows button activates voice comman/assistant whatever its called. It \'s a feature. Sometimes it clomes on even when I havent to my knowledge press the windows button at all.If you lock your scfreen with a password it should not be activating like that.

badMojo69

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Yea it's not just the button if I have the speaker phone the voice assistant will come on.
i might contact Nokia I think it's a defect and I've had the phone a few months.

smsmith1975

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed something similar. If I have music playing and am reading in the Kindle app for a while, when I press the Windows button to get back to the home screen, it triggers the voice activation but doesn't go to the home screen. So it seems like if the speakers are active but the app that is using them is not the active app, the voice activation gets triggered. I work around it by using the volume key to call up the music controls and pause the song. Then I can get back to the home screen.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I had this problem on my old Lumia 900. I had a white one, sold it, and bought a blue one, and now I haven't had the problem since. One thing I've noticed is the vibration and screens seem different (screen had more of a yellow tint on my old 900) and the vibration is much stronger (to where I can actually notice it in my pocket now lol).

I think some just have defective parts and screens, as another annoying thing that would happen is if I pressed the back button it would register as a long press ALL THE TIME. It got really annoying, which led to me selling it and finding one that didn't have these issues (plus I like the blue better than the white one).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs