Wireless Charging Dongle

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
They had a picture of a wireless charging dongle on the 900 on a Nokia charging plate charging. They never said anything about that again. Any news on that? And where/when can I buy it?

Here is a picture:

Lumia920_WirelessCharging_Dongle_610x320.png

Last edited:

jlw17

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
That's the first I've seen that. I don't really see the point in plugging in a dongle to charge wirelessly when just plugging into usb would charge faster.. Am I missing something?

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
That's the first I've seen that. I don't really see the point in plugging in a dongle to charge wirelessly when just plugging into usb would charge faster.. Am I missing something?

I can see it being more convenient for use 'while charging.' If I were in my living room and had a charging plate it'd be more convenient to have that and pick it up and use and just drop it on the charger as opposed to unplugging it and re-plugging it.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I can see it being more convenient for use 'while charging.' If I were in my living room and had a charging plate it'd be more convenient to have that and pick it up and use and just drop it on the charger as opposed to unplugging it and re-plugging it.

This basically. Its a hassle to have to have your phone plugged in when you are trying to use it. With this, I could have it charging, pick it up and fire off a text or two, put it back down to charge. Its not something you would use all the time, but when you want it, it would be nice to have.

ExcaliburII

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
there is always the Duracell powermat, as they have a wireless charging dongle also. it is not Qi standard, but would do the same thing if the main thing your looking for is a dongle:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb