Never Buying a Windows Phone or Doing Business With AT&T or Nokia Ever Again

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
The people on the internets crack me up. I doubt that most people on these forums act as douchebag-like in real life. If they did then they probably have few friends. Those being their toys. Or they probably have gotten cursed out or punched in the mouth for opening their big mouth to the wrong person. Or there is always the another option being that they themselves are intimidating in their looks and don't have to worry much about people setting them straight. lol. My post has nothing to do with the OPs issue. I just wanted to chime in on another issue. Enough has been said about the OP and his situation. If you guys have no heart all other 11 months of the year, at least have one this month.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Doesnt mean that he will do it. he may do it. I am surprised to hear stories.. and I am surprised that Nokia hasnt changed his email yet. If they dont want to allow this they would ahve changed email address long back.

You do realize that Elop's email address is probably given for more professional stuff to other companies, right?

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
The people on the internets crack me up. I doubt that most people on these forums act as douchebag-like in real life. If they did then they probably have few friends. Those being their toys. Or they probably have gotten cursed out or punched in the mouth for opening their big mouth to the wrong person. Or there is always the another option being that they themselves are intimidating in their looks and don't have to worry much about people setting them straight. lol. My post has nothing to do with the OPs issue. I just wanted to chime in on another issue. Enough has been said about the OP and his situation. If you guys have no heart all other 11 months of the year, at least have one this month.

Hey, I said I'd still help. I meant it. I still do. The stuff I was going to tell him is saved in my Onenote. I check this thread at least 3 times a day. I'm still chilling, waiting.. I feel for the kid, I do. Will not take back any part of what I said though..

Happy Chrismahanukwanzika!!!!!

Andrew Z

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Okay. Check this. Your phone should still be under warranty. If you "have a defective battery" three times, they send you two warranty replacements, and then they'll switch the phone out for a new model. It's their lemon law policy on hardware. Then talk with them for a 920 or 8x. I hope people don't abuse this, but I thought you should know. Sorry you're so upset. I'm not super happy about the 7.8 update, the main feature I'm missing is screen capture. But whatever. I'll probably be switching to vzw when they get this new flagship Nokia. But ya, don't be so upset, there's so many solutions

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Oh how sweet. You threw yourself a pity party on an internet forum.

No need to be a dick. My 8 year old son is undiagnosed but carries all the red flags for Asperger's. You have NO idea what these people go through. Imagine being highly intelligent, but unable to effectively communicate on a social level. Wanting acceptance from those around you, but having no way to figure out how to get it, because you're biochemically incapable of understanding social dynamics and boundaries. Do a quick read on the internet and try to put yourself in his shoes. He is basically reaching out in the only place he can appear "normal" and maybe find some acceptance about a very BIG problem for him. If you don't understand, don't comment. And don't be a douche.

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
My advice to you is to learn how to voice your concern. If you voice your concern using a very polite and well mannered attitude it will get you far.

vormison

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear of your bad experience thus far, OP. I also apologize for others labeling your opinions and experience as a "pity party". I know many people with issues such as yours, myself included, and I wish people were more aware, understanding, and helpful. For a 17 year old, you actually sound rather responsible and able to express your emotions which is more than I can say for most "adults".

Saying that, I don't have much advice to offer. As others have said, being kind and stern with customer service can go miles. Other than that, your phone should be covered under warranty so you may have to mail it to Nokia and have them replace/fix it and send it back. Once that is taken care of, you should be able to trade or sell it on craigslist for a phone that may better suit your needs.

Sorry for your experience with your phone and everything else.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb