The correct APN settings for Straight Talk (Lumia 900)

St_Deborah

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
So... I've put one of my Lumia 900s on Straight Talk, however when I followed their settings guide data and mms worked, but all of my live ID and Bing features did not. I tinkered myself and researched and then deleted the proxy address and proxy port # I'd had in under internet apn in the network settings app. That seemed to get all my Bing and Live ID features to work, however now mms is non-functional. I did not disturb the mms settings, so I'm unsure as to why my picture messaging is no longer working. Any help would be appreciated. I'm having a hard time searching on here, but love the community's feedback
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

St_Deborah

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Okay. The only thing under the cellular apn is att.mvno. Delete that is what you're saying?

St_Deborah

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Wow thank you so much. Everything is working perfectly now. I was beginning to think I'd have to go back Android or iPhone... I can make an exception with losing my phone as a WiFi hotspot ( and that's huge for me) but losing the marketplace, all windows features, and mms is just not right. Lol. I use my phone for a variety of things, and now that I know I can successfully switch from AT&T without losing mug of anything, I'll be glad to take the savings.=)

xdaynax77

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I've put in the correct information that straight talk gave me, deleted everything under the cellular apn also.
Picture messaging still doesn't work for me ):
Any suggestions?

Faisal Rahman1

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I am having similar issues. I put all the APN data(Internet & MMS) using the "Network Setting" app into my phone. I deleted all the info from the cellular settings. I still cannot use the MMS. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Vibbareno

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Make sure your connected to wifi and have downloaded Network Setup in Marketplace
Go to Network Setup and it will say like At&t-LTE1 (or whatever is showing is fine) hit the little plus button at bottom you are now going to manually enter everything
Connection Name: Put whatever you want I put ST Next is Internet APN at the access point name type: att.mvno then leave everything else in this part blank scroll down to the next one which is MMS APN: mms access point name type: att.mvno next proxy address type: 66.209.11.33 proxy port: 80 leave username blank and password blank then under that is MMSC address(dont miss it it is on very bottom here and type this in : http://mmsc.cingular.com and the hit the save button on bottom...MAKE SURE YOU SAVE.......then go to your phone settings then to cellular go to add apn on bottom and trash (or delete same thing) what is there......Viola you have straight talk with mms, text, data and voice...Awesome.... if for some reason you dont just restart phone and if you did all this you will have it.

Tony Graggs

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Thank you ,thank you, thank you! Had to reboot Nokia Lumia 900 but the phone will go straight to settings. Pick new APN and your done. Countless hours trying to figure this out. :)

coriiixliz

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I tried all of the apn setting deleting stuff and adding stuff. I think I've tried every single way and my data and picture messaging still will not work at all. I got the sim car after they switched to only Tmobile and I had to cut the sim card in order to fit my phone so I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it.

djat806

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I know how to fix your issue ,with the t-mobile sim , will update this evening!

Download Network Setup Via Wifi.

Click The Plus Sign Add a new apn

Name it StraightTalk

Access Point Name : wap.tracfone
Proxy Address : 216.155.165.40
Proxy Port : 8080
Leave Everything Blank
Scroll Down

MMS APN
MMS apn: wap.tracfone
Proxy Address : 216.155.165.40
Proxy Port : 8080
MMSC address : http://mms.tracfone.com

Restart and you should be connected!!!!

Last edited:

Brian Powell1

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Dude - thank you so much! I don't know where you found this but you're a lifesaver. I made an account just to say thanks :) I spent an hour online looking for the correct settings for my lumia 900 and your post is the only one that actually works!

:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

jordgonzalez88

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I did this and everything worked, the only thing is for some reason my phone keeps saying its running off EDGE service and won't download things, run videos, or Netflix on my phone. I have a Nokia lumia 900 with the t-mobile sim card. Is there anyway to fix this problem, or am I just stuck?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I did this and everything worked, the only thing is for some reason my phone keeps saying its running off EDGE service and won't download things, run videos, or Netflix on my phone. I have a Nokia lumia 900 with the t-mobile sim card. Is there anyway to fix this problem, or am I just stuck?
You'd need an AT&T Straight Talk SIM, but those aren't sold by Straight Talk anymore. They're on eBay but really expensive.

Anna Coxe

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Thank you so much!!!! Ive been so unhappy with my phone because of not being able to send/receive pic text or access the internet....until now!!! I was getting ready to sell it and get a cheap straight talk phone so I could actually use the internet and mms. Again Im so thankful for this info you just don't know.:kiss:

eternal7008

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
OK so the new AT&T Sims for straight talk have differnet APN settings.
And with the network setup app you cant enter MMSC: http://mms-tf.net this into the mmsc because it wont accept the :)) as a character.
I entered tfdata and am able to send pics but not receive.Is their a fix for this?

These are the new Straight talk apn setting BTW

Name: Straight Talk

APN: tfdata

Port: 80

MMSC: http://mms-tf.net

MMS Proxy: mms3.tracfone.com

MMS Port: 80

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member