Unlocking Internet Sharing on AT&T Lumia 900

Andrew Allman

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I have a Lumia 900 and when i try to use internet sharing its telling me to contact AT&T to add it to my plan. I live in New Zealand which will mean I cant add it to my AT&T plan since they don't exist here.

Is there anyway for me to unlock it? Ive seen a mention of 1 person who called them up and got a code but I dont know if it is possible. Would explaining my situation likely result in that or are they just going to tell me im stuck with it because im in a different country?

I know its a long shot but is there any other way to access it? It's a feature I really want from a phone.

Andrew Allman

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
It appears my brother did (he has a 800 and downloaded a bunch of apps that he said are good to have). So that means a call to AT&T wont do anything either?

mocarey

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
There are other threads on this forum which indicate that flashing the TelCel Mexican LTE variant ROM will result in a working Internet Sharing function, with no bloatware, refer the posts by tomcahill. I have read reports on these threads about some people successfully flashing ATT devices (with working LTE), while others have not, so YMMV.

vinscg

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
ive got a Rogers Lumia 900 rm-808 ( i know its not AT&T ) but you can try , internet sharing didnt worked either ( i use my phone on Fido network) ,
1.i called my carrier to activate internet sharing in my carrier account (no cost )
2. go to your phone: Settings , About , reset your phone ( it will erase everything on it ) and thats it! now it works even without network setup app!

windowsphone must store settings from simcard on first time use, and keeps em! so you need to do a reset!

Last edited:

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
well based on that thought one could throw in a SIM from a fully activated ATT account with sharing then pop in say a ST SIM that doesn't allow sharing but that is certainly NOT the case!

Sundeep Avs

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I have a Lumia 900 and when i try to use internet sharing its telling me to contact AT&T or call to 611
actually i bougt in newyork i am unsing in indian its unlocked
if anybody knows how to resolve this problem plz tell me

slotti

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Had to pull this thread back up. After todays update that got pushed through Zune my ATT unlocked 900 is able to access internet sharing on T-Mobile!!!
OS version: 7.10.8862.144
Firmware: 2175.2307.8862.13100
hardware: 112.1914.2.0

Howard Kao

May 19, 2013
Visit site
But do you have MMS working? I'm wondering why the .144 update is still rolling out, since I got all excited there might be a newer update coming..but sadly I already had the .144 and still having trouble getting both MMS and internet sharing working simultaneously.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
But do you have MMS working? I'm wondering why the .144 update is still rolling out, since I got all excited there might be a newer update coming..but sadly I already had the .144 and still having trouble getting both MMS and internet sharing working simultaneously.

It's not just about the .144 OS version, but also the firmware that comes with it.

It's also about the .13100 revision of the firmware that has now been made available via Zune, which does make a difference. That's something you wouldn't get through earlier methods such as 78er.

slotti

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Funny, now that LTE is active in my area, I loose internet sharing and MMS capability when on LTE. If I force the phone back into 3G/4G, I have both back.

slotti

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Have you made sure that your network settings are correct?

Very funny. Sorry, but I have to ask, do you have an unlocked ATT Lumia 900? The ATT firmware only allows to add one APN, that is all. So this one obviously needs to be set to fast.t-mobile.com to be able to get LTE support (the older epc is no good). Under the ATT firmware, you cannot enter a separate MMS APN. If you install the Nokia network app, that would allow for such, you automatically loose the internet sharing.

janardanareddym

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have nokia lumia 900 AT&T unlocked mobile, am using it in india with Tata Docomo network,
i am not able to use internet sharing , i have updated the recent release of os version 7.10.8862.144

How to get it released for sharing internet option .

Thanks,
Jana.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro