Nokia 900 t-mobile 1900 mhz

andyp714

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Hello all im currently an android owner and have been thinking about giving wp a try found a deal online for the 900 for cheap but dont want to use it on att. T-mobile recently announced the release of the 1900 hspa in my area. My question is if i get the 900 and unlock it, will i be able to access tmobiles hspa+ network with it?

anddangit

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
check airportal.de to see if you have coverage in your area. If you're in an area with 1900, then your lumia will display "4G" telling you are connected to their HSPA network.

bovcrx

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
check airportal.de to see if you have coverage in your area. If you're in an area with 1900, then your lumia will display "4G" telling you are connected to their HSPA network.

Thanks for the info. Shows my city has it but neither my iphone 4 or lumia 900 get 3G. It's killing me to not be able to use this 900

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the info. Shows my city has it but neither my iphone 4 or lumia 900 get 3G. It's killing me to not be able to use this 900

After you install the T-Mobile SIM card are you using Nokia Connection Setup and selecting T-Mobile or entering the APN?

bovcrx

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Used Nokia setup. I took the phone on a tour and I start to get 4G about 3 miles from my house. Most of San Antonio is getting 4G so far. They just need to get the towers by my house updated :)

Dorknight

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
After you install the T-Mobile SIM card are you using Nokia Connection Setup and selecting T-Mobile or entering the APN?

Will this work on a Lumia 920 as well?

I just read the news that HTC is not sending 7.8 to my HD7, so I'm looking for a new phone now. I was going to wait until the spring maybe if by any chance there are new phones or possibly even a Surface Phone... Maybe I'll wait until Mobile World Congress at least.

Last edited:

dav1boy

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
im in the puget sound which was one of the first places to get the refarmed network. im using a lumia 900 at&t. i unlocked it for tmobile after i did the update yesterday. i do get "4g" but its sporadic. im not sure if its due to the update or what since i wasnt able to test it before i installed 7.8 but the symptoms are oddly familiar to what was plaguing this phone back in april.... on the lock screen itll show 4g, as soon as i jump into the browser and try to search something, it jumps down to edge. lock the screen again, wait about 15 seconds or so and 4g pops right back up. go into the brower once more and same result..edge..... this is with strong signal strength and in areas where my unlocked one x locks on 4g and phones before it like a 4s and s3.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss