Check-in for 7.8 Update Through Zune, Have you gotten yours yet?

zinrai

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Here's how I got the trick to work.

1. Put phone in airplane mode.

2. Connect to PC and check for updates through Zune.

3. Turn off WiFi

4. Wait a few seconds and turn WiFi back on. I probably waited about 5 seconds or so.

5. Update should be there!

Not sure how important turning the WiFi back on before I was prompted to update was, but it worked for me the first time I tried it. Good luck!

blushrts717

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Started counting 1 Mississippi and the magic happened when I got to 4 Miss and pulled the plug. So I would guess about 3.25 seconds. If I counted to a full 4 seconds I got my phone was up to date.

hungdizzle

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Here's how I got the trick to work.

1. Put phone in airplane mode.

2. Connect to PC and check for updates through Zune.

3. Turn off WiFi

4. Wait a few seconds and turn WiFi back on. I probably waited about 5 seconds or so.

5. Update should be there!

Not sure how important turning the WiFi back on before I was prompted to update was, but it worked for me the first time I tried it. Good luck!

What phone and Carrier are you on please?

jlw17

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
No luck using the zune trick... at&t Williamsburg, ky.. when I try the trick in airplane mode, zune says zune can't connect to check for updates or something like that. When not in airplane mode, it says I'm up to date... My computer hates me.

blushrts717

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
No luck using the zune trick... at&t Williamsburg, ky.. when I try the trick in airplane mode, zune says zune can't connect to check for updates or something like that. When not in airplane mode, it says I'm up to date... My computer hates me.

if you get the message you can't check for updates you are pulling the cable too fast, if it says you are up to date you are leaving it in too long. I started counting 1 Mississippi, and if I got the can't check for updates, I did it again and counted to 2. I did this until I got the message I was updated (4 Mississippi) then pulled when I got to 4 Miss (about 3.25 seconds I guess) and it worked.

Akis Kyma

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
the zune trick worked for me.. i used windows 8 and just turn on the airplane mode after counting up to 4.. worked almost all the time with the 2nd to 3rd try!
my lg optimus 7 got a new face and finally i organized everything nicely !

Sotal

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Updating unlocked Samsung Omnia 7 on T-Mobile in the US right now - 2 Updates Completed.

Nothing yet on an Unlocked LG Optimus from Telus Mobile

Will try unlocked Samsung Focus later tonight.

drankurn

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
finally, airplane mode trick worked. if you disable the wifi too quick, it will say can't connect with the error code and if you wait too long, it would say up to date. so just try different wait times. for me i think it was about 3-4 seconds.

lumia 900 ATT

blushrts717

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
if you get the message you can't check for updates you are pulling the cable too fast, if it says you are up to date you are leaving it in too long. I started counting 1 Mississippi, and if I got the can't check for updates, I did it again and counted to 2. I did this until I got the message I was updated (4 Mississippi) then pulled when I got to 4 Miss (about 3.25 seconds I guess) and it worked.

Wierd, I updated, and it wasn't 7.8. It was some update for phones without a camera button. So I went to do the cable trick a second time and this time I had to pull the cable after about one second. I'm now loading 7.8. AT&T Lumia 900.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Just to confirm there are 3 updates to go through?

I'm currently installing the third (the one that says realizable tiles and all that)

Sam C

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
When you say disable WiFi, you mean my laptop? My phone is already in airplane mode and connected via USB.

ATT
Nokia Lumia 900
Windows 7

BiffC

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Definately reconnecting the network helps.
Lumia 900

I did the Zune trick.
Airplane Mode
When I got the long wait, I plugged the network cable back in, and it found the update:smile:

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
When you say disable WiFi, you mean my laptop? My phone is already in airplane mode and connected via USB.

ATT
Nokia Lumia 900
Windows 7

You want to disconnect your computer from the internet. If you are using a wired connection you can either pull out your ethernet cable or disable the network adapter. If your computer is connected to the internet through wifi then you can disable wifi.

zinrai

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Look for updates, wait a few seconds (general consensus seems to be 3-4 seconds), and then disconnect from the internet on your computer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)