Check-in for 7.8 Update Through Zune, Have you gotten yours yet?

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
No clue if this makes a difference. The first time I got the update, I was in an LTE area. I flashed back to 7.5 for testing reasons, and when i was done, i tried to do the update again, but was in a 4G area this time and could not get the update to show at all, even with the disconnect trick. I go back to the LTE area and it shows. Not sure if the connection you have matters, but to me it seems that way.

HappyPalm

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
sdreamer,
I think you figured it out! That must be it, although my friend who has my phone didn't get her update, and she's in an LTE area according the ATT's map, but maybe the map is wrong.

For anyone curious:
You can see LTE coverege here by clicking on the yellow dots: AT&T 4G LTE - Get 4G Speed with AT&T 4G LTE & 4G HSPA+

I hope you all get your updates soon!! The smaller tiles make a huge difference when it comes to organizing your tiles--it's really nice and don't forget too that if you have your picture tile on random, it now just uses the photos from your favorites album....LOVE that feature! Every time I turn on my phone, I get to see a different photo I love.

Surely you'll have it by the end of the month? I hope it's just a temporary glitch.

Cluelessjedi

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
using the trick where you enable Airplane mode>Disable WiFi> Plug in Phone>click update >in network& Sharing (have window open) right click adapter and disable: This trick i used to get 7.10.8779.8

but nothing else at all. no ther methods working at all

fpostrow

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Got the 7.8 update day of release via Zune disconnect trick, then updated our 2 Focii via Rogers Registry change. Very happy with the new software as we shop for new phones this summer. Having a hard time deciding between the 920 and waiting for new phones in the fall. A good problem to have.

mtg1974

Feb 13, 2009
Visit site
Got the 7.8 update day of release via Zune disconnect trick, then updated our 2 Focii via Rogers Registry change. Very happy with the new software as we shop for new phones this summer. Having a hard time deciding between the 920 and waiting for new phones in the fall. A good problem to have.
Maybe I'm doing it wrong then. I've tried at least a dozen times with no luck. Maybe you can clarify some things for me. Should WiFi be on or off on my phone? What about cellular?

HappyPalm

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
What worked for me:

I got a notification saying a new update was available.
I plugged my phone into my computer and updated through Zune.
Wi-Fi was turned on (though not sure this made a difference).
After the update (not 7.8), I was informed there was another update available, which was odd--I don't know why Zune didn't install all the updates at once.
I repeated the steps above.
I kept running into an error message when it was trying to intstall the 7.8 update.
I restarted my phone and my computer, which fixed the problem, and I had a new phone...well...a new homescreen anyway! :)

I was disappointed in the news of our phones not getting the WP8 update, but at least they gave us the 7.8 update with the option for different tile sizes, which for me, was the major appeal for WP8. I loved 7.5, but 7.8 is just so awesome....LONG LIVE WINDOWS PHONE!!! Off-Topic: I read up on how WP is doing today, because I would be so bummed in the future if I had to switch over to Android or iPhone...nice platforms, but WP is such a breeze to work with...it's perfect for my needs. Though it's slow to grow in the market, it looks like WP is here for the long-haul...good news! :)

Dethzilla

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Still waiting... nothing is working for me. I'm wondering if the update thing checks the value on the phone instead of contacting a server.

Dethzilla

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Used seveneighter in the end, does anyone else get a Nokia update attempt and fail after?

The fact is... it should just work. We shouldn't have to use any 3rd party or indie scripts... unplug any cables... or do any of that crap... They should give us the friggen file... let us open up Zune... and point to it and update our phone. Simple. I am very frustrated. I have a 920... but my wife has a 900... There is no reason why she shouldn't be able to update her phone especially since we were early adopters of the 900. I don't understand what is so difficult....

HappyPalm

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I definitely agree with Dethzilla that nobody should be having to use 3rd party software, scripts, etc. for this. However, it was announced that the update would be given out sometime this month, February, and well, it's still February. :) My guess is that for whatever reason, and despite how unfair it is, they just can't send the updates to all users, all at once, even for users of the same phone. :( At least that's what I hope is going on. Hopefully in a couple weeks, everyone will have their updates! I have a friend with a 900 who is waiting as well. It's worth the wait--7.8 rocks!!!

siradude

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I was happy to see my phone say "New update available" 2 days ago..

Today it still said update available, until I plugged it into ZUNE click update and now it says NO UPDATE AVAILABLE!

Way to tease AT&T !!!!

I guess I missed my rolled window and have to wait for the next window! Still stuck at 7.10.8779.8

It was only 2 days on notice!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077