Very slow charging on Lumia 900

RStock521

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
My phone used to charge very quickly, maybe 2 hours for a full charge. Now it takes forever, even overnight doesn't give met me a full charge. Anybody know what the reason could be?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
How long have you had the device? Has the battery run down completely frequently? It is possible that the battery is near the end of its life. Repeatedly draining lithium batteries will make them fail sooner, since they only have a limited number of discharge/charge cycles.

From Battery University: "Similar to a mechanical device that wears out faster with heavy use, so also does the depth of discharge (DoD) determine the cycle count. The shorter the discharge (low DoD), the longer the battery will last. If at all possible, avoid full discharges and charge the battery more often between uses. Partial discharge on Li-ion is fine; there is no memory and the battery does not need periodic full discharge cycles to prolong life, other than to calibrate the fuel gauge on a smart battery once in a while."

RStock521

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I have only let my phone run to 0% battery a handful of times since launch date and I try to keep it charged as much as possible. The issue came about after I used a Motorola car charger.

It seems to be working better now. For about a week, I couldn't get the phone to charge on anything but my HP Touchpad charger. Really weird, but everything seems to be working now. Thanks for the responses!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720