anyone in the U.S. been updated to 7.8 on ATT yet without "trick?"

LongLeggs

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Yes for almost 2 months now... You won't be able to update with the trick now anyways, 7.8 was pulled off Nokia's servers and the new update is not there yet. All the trick does is allow you to pull the update through zune rather than Navifirm earlier than when it's pushed officially. See it's not there... Untitled.jpg

rick717

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Just some info. Had to return my 900 for a warranty replacement. Mine had the 7.8 upgrade on it (had to do the Zune trick). When the replacement came it didn't have the 7.8. Tried the Zune trick and obviously didn't work. So I call AT&T and was transferred to tech support. Was told the 7.8 upgrade has been pulled and is no longer available due to numerous customer complaints of issues with the upgrade. She had no idea when or if the upgrade would be available again, if at all. So if you have AT&T and you didn't get the upgrade you won't. This probably explains why I had to return my 900 in the first place. Thanks Microsoft and Nokia. Due for an upgrade in September, so it looks like iPhone for me.

MinnesotaSteve

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I read a few messages over on the AT&T forums that apparently AT&T is not releasing the 7.8 update to those of us who bought devices prior to the announcement of Windows 8.

That's what people are being told when they call AT&T about it.

I'm getting to the point where I've pretty much had it with both Windows Phone and AT&T. T-Mobile and a Galaxy S III is looking quite attractive.

Found the thread...
http://forums.att.com/t5/Windows-Discussion-and-Support/Windows-Phone-7-8-Update/td-p/3382095/page/3

scdkad

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
What were the complaints? 8862 fixed issues that 8860 caused. I used the 78er method and haven't had any problems. I didn't install 8860 initially, waited for 8862.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Actually 8862 fixed the issues from 8858. 8860 was a build that dealt with Quartz and some Google specific changes. The issues were dealing with the rendering of Live Tiles specifically conditions that could cause them to not function correctly and/or eat data.

St_Deborah

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I read a few messages over on the AT&T forums that apparently AT&T is not releasing the 7.8 update to those of us who bought devices prior to the announcement of Windows 8.That's what people are being told when they call AT&T about it.I'm getting to the point where I've pretty much had it with both Windows Phone and AT&T. T-Mobile and a Galaxy S III is looking quite attractive.Found the thread...Windows Phone 7.8 Update - Page 3 - AT&T Community Support
I hope this isn't true... I changed from my Skyrocket to this and now it is being updatable to Jelly Bean, and that's starting from Gingerbread. I'm not really interested in Android, and was hoping to make the best of my Lumia 900 as it is only a few months old and came out not quite a year ago. The Skyrocket is older... But, I'll be hopeful for now I suppose...

scdkad

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Actually 8862 fixed the issues from 8858. 8860 was a build that dealt with Quartz and some Google specific changes. The issues were dealing with the rendering of Live Tiles specifically conditions that could cause them to not function correctly and/or eat data.

That's what I was getting at-8862 fixed the tiles issue so why has it been pulled?

peacock93

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Just some info. Had to return my 900 for a warranty replacement. Mine had the 7.8 upgrade on it (had to do the Zune trick). When the replacement came it didn't have the 7.8. Tried the Zune trick and obviously didn't work. So I call AT&T and was transferred to tech support. Was told the 7.8 upgrade has been pulled and is no longer available due to numerous customer complaints of issues with the upgrade. She had no idea when or if the upgrade would be available again, if at all. So if you have AT&T and you didn't get the upgrade you won't. This probably explains why I had to return my 900 in the first place. Thanks Microsoft and Nokia. Due for an upgrade in September, so it looks like iPhone for me.

If you're due for an upgrade in September why would you get an iPhone instead of a Lumia 920? On that note, just wait a couple more months and get the newest Nokia?

iloveamystery

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I read a few messages over on the AT&T forums that apparently AT&T is not releasing the 7.8 update to those of us who bought devices prior to the announcement of Windows 8.

That's what people are being told when they call AT&T about it.

I'm getting to the point where I've pretty much had it with both Windows Phone and AT&T. T-Mobile and a Galaxy S III is looking quite attractive.

Found the thread...
Windows Phone 7.8 Update - Page 3 - AT&T Community Support

I bought my Lumia 900 in April of last year and updated to 7.8 at the end of January. I'm not sure where that information is coming from that 7.8 is only pushed out to those customers who purchased a Lumia 900 after the Windows (Phone?) 8 announcement.

MinnesotaSteve

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
My experience mirrors "iloveamystery", April delivered phone, 7.8 update at the end of Feb. Waiting for the live tile fix still on ATT though.

Then please explain to me why I still do not have the 7.8 update?

I'm going to the AT&T store tonight about this. The lack of support for this phone is really pissing me off. I'm going to look into how much an early termination will cost me so I can get an iphone.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
AT&T has been absolutely terrible when it comes to updating any of their Windows Phone. Their failures at updating/supporting their WPs goes all the way to the original Samsung Focus. It's sad that AT&T was ever considered the "premier" carrier.

Orlok1138

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I have zero faith in any more 7.8 updates. Its absurd, couldn't get first one right, and im sure we won't see anything else. And with me having at&t, im sure it's a safe bet my L900 has all ready seen its very last update, long ago.

Last edited:

MinnesotaSteve

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I spoke to AT&T's tech support and they claim the 7.8 update is NOT available for the Lumia 900. Just flat out NOT available, and we have to wait until they test it and certify it and all this nonsense.

vincent maddela

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Wondering if the users who unlocked their AT&T lumia 900 will get the update once at&t releases. I also have an unlocked at&t one X for which at&t didnt release the JB update , I had to manually download the file and update to jelly bean. They said you require an active at&t sim to get the updates . If that indeed happens what are the options ... navifirm ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion