anyone in the U.S. been updated to 7.8 on ATT yet without "trick?"

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Since I recently switched back to WP, I figure you guys (and gals) would be a better judge of how accurate the following is. It appears that Nokia US went to their Facebook page yesterday (Sunday 21 April) with the following message:

"Just a friendly reminder, Windows Phone 7.8 update is soon on its way. A huge thank you to our fans for waiting!"

Source.

Has this happened before without the update? Or should I start to get excited?

Nope, don't think I've ever seen or heard of Nokia actually announcing it. I did see this on Facebook the other day and was surprised as well. Hoping the new firmware with it brings some nice tweaks for our phones such as camera and what not. Sucks that we aren't able to access Navifirm anymore though.

MinnesotaSteve

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Ahh the elusive Win 7.8 that is constantly promised but has yet to arrive on my phone.

I think it's been announced now a dozen times, we'll see if this time they deliver.

LongLeggs

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Ahh the elusive Win 7.8 that is constantly promised but has yet to arrive on my phone.

I think it's been announced now a dozen times, we'll see if this time they deliver.

They did deliver, two months ago. It was pulled because of excessive bugs. Stop saying they never delivered because they did.

akar33

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes for almost 2 months now... You won't be able to update with the trick now anyways, 7.8 was pulled off Nokia's servers and the new update is not there yet. All the trick does is allow you to pull the update through zune rather than Navifirm earlier than when it's pushed officially. See it's not there... View attachment 31327
Not related to the post but I want to know how did you manage to have light window frame color and a dark taskbar in W8? If I darken the window, the taskbar darkens and if I lighten the window, the taskbar lightens. Your current setting looks cool.

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
8862 for AT&T RM-808 Is on Nokia's Servers so it should be arriving very shortly.... (It wasn't there Friday) 2175.2307.8862.13100

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Read some other threads. :p. I already posted that 8862.13100 is up on the Nokia server. I have it on my 900 as we speak. If it is on the server that usually means a public rollout is due soon.

LongLeggs

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Read some other threads. :p. I already posted that 8862.13100 is up on the Nokia server. I have it on my 900 as we speak. If it is on the server that usually means a public rollout is due soon.

Right because Nokia didn't just restrict access to their servers days ago, you are full of it.

anon(5876801)

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I've been waiting since Jan 31. The rumored update was supposed to be present on AT&T L900 before any other WP7 device. But I suppose that's not the case of course.....even four months later. Big mistake for making Carriers manage update for WP devices. By the time I upgrade ill have a new WP8 device., so I guess this ismwhatnthey were aiming for.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon