Lumia 900 and Consumer Cellular

pocketDragon

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone had any success with Consumer Cellular(CC) and the lumia 900?

In preparation for using the 900 with cc I called AT&T and received an unlock code. It turned out to be unnecessary/unusable. I was never asked for it, possibly because CC uses AT&Ts network.
Phone calls & SMS work fine. But so far I am unable to go online or use MMS. I have changed the apn via settings (to att.mvno) and after that didn't work, I have downloaded the network setup app from Nokia to change both the Web and MMS setting to those recommended by CC to no avail.

I've also tried various permutations gleaned from the web, which have also failed.

So I'm wondering if anyone has been successful?

Thanks,
pocketDragon

Wilson Phillips

May 18, 2013
Visit site
After some digging and trial & error, I have found that these settings work on my Lumia 920.

Windows Phone 8

Internet APN
APN = att.mvno
Leave everything else blank

MMS APN
APM = att.mvno
WAP Gateway URL = proxy.mvno.ccmobileweb.com
Port = 80
MMSC URL = http://mmsc.cingular.com/
Port = 80
Max MMS Size = 99999
Leave everything else blank

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Kind of off topic but how is CC a good deal with a smart phone if you plan on using data? It seems like there are better options for att mvno.

Thomas Duman

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I put a Lumia 520 on CC. To get internet I got the Apn settings emailed from CC,But I had to put them in twice. Now full 4G with no problems.

hdb97

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
So you were able to use an at&t locked lumia 900 with consumer cellular? You didnt require the unlock code??? I ask because I have consumer cellular and I was planning on getting a new phone. If I got one that was locked it would save a ton of money but idk if it will work

ewgoforth

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
So you were able to use an at&t locked lumia 900 with consumer cellular? You didnt require the unlock code??? I ask because I have consumer cellular and I was planning on getting a new phone. If I got one that was locked it would save a ton of money but idk if it will work

Locked phone works okay. Everything was working for me, now MMS is broken. I think it's a problem on their end.

Wilson Phillips

May 18, 2013
Visit site
While these settings worked on my Lumia 1020 on Windows 8.1, they do not seem to work on Windows 10 at this time. I don't know if this is due to this being a beta version of Windows or something else.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss