Phone starting new conversation threads for same contact

pilpod

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
After removing my facebook from my e-mail list and re-syncing my windows live e-mail everything seemed to be going fine. I still had all of the contacts that I wanted and I was receiving texts normally. I received a text from one friend, though, and for some reason the phone created a new thread for it. I went to delete the contact then re-add it to see if the texts would go back to the other thread but that did not solve the issue. Has anyone else experienced this?

anees_a

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Today I also had the same problem. My wife sent me 2 txt msgs (one in the afternoon, one in the evening) their were 2 different threads, now I have in total 3 threads showing from my wife.

-all chats on facebook & txt
-txt today afternoon
-txt today evening

FW.ver. 1232.5957.1308.0002

Amir Hussein

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
i also have the same problem.

i have a contact that has a lot of phone numbers - 8 mobile numbers, 2 telephone numbers and 1 fax number. i added a new mobile number to the contact and when i got a text from the contact from the newly added number, it created a new thread by the same name. i deleted the number from the contact and it disappeared.

another thing happened. i have a contact with other contacts merged - 2 outlook, 1 google, 1 facebook, 1 twitter, 1 linkedin. i unlinked one of the outlook contacts (which just had a telephone phone number) because i already had that number in the other outlook contact. now the contact has two threads in messaging. the facebook messages are received to one thread and the rest to the other. and the fb messages are also deleted one day earlier in the second thread. i've tried adding back removed contact. nothing works.

i need a solution please.

Gabriel Micheli

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Same problem. Tried linking a FB account to a contact, picked the wrong one, unlinked, changed to the correct one and now I have 2 conversation threads from the same person. I can reply on both, but the person's texts only arrive on the secondary thread. i dont now what to do. I've tried everything except a hard reset. Need a solution for this please!!!

MarkFreeman

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Can someone help. I'm having the same problem. After deleting all my contacts and re adding them, messages go to different conversation thread, even if contacts have the same name and number as before. I can replay in the old conversation thread, but incoming massages always go to the new conversation thread. Tried linking contacts to facebook, but no success.

Joyce Moss

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
Did you ever get a solution to this problem? My phone started doing that about two days ago. I now have 4 separate text threads from my husband, two from my brother, etc.

davidbcox

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same problem after migrating my data from one exchange account to another. Problem definitely seems to be linked to changes in contacts, but regardless, it shouldn't happen. Any solutions yet? This could turn into a disaster if my threads keep splitting! Thanks!

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site
I have a mess of a contact list on my Lumia 1520 and have never had this happen... sounds like you might have several different numbers listed for the linked contacts?

Go4BigFuzz

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Got the same thing today. Contact is in VZW backup assistant and linked Email. Backup Assistant needed to sync today, and it happened post sync. Guessing it has something to do with backup assistant. Any insight yet?

Amy lawrence2

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
Got the same thing today. Contact is in VZW backup assistant and linked Email. Backup Assistant needed to sync today, and it happened post sync. Guessing it has something to do with backup assistant. Any insight yet?

Three years and no response??

I consolidated two identical contacts that we're linked in Hotmail, deleted the second. Now the conversation on text has started afresh.

Any solution?

Clicking on the contract name at the top of the feed still links to the same contact, so why the differing thread?

deefowler1972

Jan 10, 2017
Visit site
Same problem. Tried linking a FB account to a contact, picked the wrong one, unlinked, changed to the correct one and now I have 2 conversation threads from the same person. I can reply on both, but the person's texts only arrive on the secondary thread. i dont now what to do. I've tried everything except a hard reset. Need a solution for this please!!!

WP sux

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
My phone just glitched randomly yesterday and forgot all my contacts. all showed up as just their numbers. Had to sign in like 6 times to get my phone to recover its contacts. Now every contact has started a new conversation thread, even though the numbers are the exact same, and worthless microsoft has not given us the ability to merge SMS conversations for the same contact (they used to. you would select the convos and it would give you the option to merge them...)

so the solution here is to go Android, people. Unlike Microsoft, they spend time and resources actually making their products improve instead of running their market share into he ground. it's a shame, too. I've really enjoyed the Zeiss lenses but microsoft couldn't take over the mobile marketplace if North Korea nuked google and apple off the face of the earth. All the executives for their mobile work should be locked in a freezer and their lifetime earnings given to starving children. In fact, the only time I wouldn't **** on a microsoft executive is if they were burning to death.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster