skipe work in background

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if there is a difference between 8 and 7, but apparently mine works in the background. Whenever I get a message I get a toast notification. Whenever somebody calls me on Skype my phone rings just like a normal phone call.

ChMar

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Skype is relying just on push notifications for it's background functionality. It does not reside in background in either wp7 or wp8. The main difference is that in wp8 the Skype can accept voip calls from anywhere in a phone and provide you with a easy screen to answer the call.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Skype is relying just on push notifications for it's background functionality. It does not reside in background in either wp7 or wp8. The main difference is that in wp8 the Skype can accept voip calls from anywhere in a phone and provide you with a easy screen to answer the call.

7.8 does not allow that?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I think the version for 7.x doesn't stay alive in the cloud as intended. So you need to actually stare at the screen for it to work!

ChMar

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
7.8 does not allow you to answer voip calls unless you are in the app.

So the only Skype can alert you that you have incoming call is to fire a toast notification. You touch it and the app opens and start ringing.

But basically for voip to work on 7.8 you need to be in the app.

Stephen Vogel

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
While on the skype/7.8 topic. I can't log in to Skype on 7.x. Apparently this is because when I created my Skype account I just chose to do so with my existing Microsoft account rather than go through the whole account creation process. Will I have the same problem on wp8?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb