A weeks worth of data just went missing...

Mikeb47

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
I apologize if something like this has come up before, but I looked and didn't see anything so....

So yeah. I rebooted my L900 last night since it was being all slow then plugged it in to charge and went to bed.

Woke up this morning (4/18) and went to look for a picture a couple days ago and couldn't find it. Getting to the point, somehow someway my phone lost/erased everything back to 4/12. Texts, pictures, phone call records, if my phone did it in the last week there is absolutely no trace of it. Outside of a couple pictures I wish I had back, I'm more annoyed than anything else and can survive without the missing information. However, I am still annoyed and would like to prevent this from happening again but I can't find any other posts or examples of this happening.

Therefore, I am bringing this to the forums. Ideas/thoughts for recovery or prevention, or has anyone even heard of this happening?

Thanks in advance!

anon(5349218)

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Several pics that were auto uploaded to my,SkyDrive camera role disappeared too. I can view them through the SkyDrive app but through the photo hub, when I scroll through the SkyDrive camera roll album I eventually come to a group of greyed out pics. If I click on one it won't show it...instead just a black screen or it will sat there is a connectivity problem or if its not my pic(obviously is) maybe I don't have permission to see it.

Strange.
Lumia 920

polardog56

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
A customer of mine had a similar problem.

It was as if a system restore to about 2 weeks prior had occurred. This was indicated by the fact that MS Office was regressed to before the point at which the licence key had been added. At the same time, 2 weeks worth of data from Desktop and Documents disappeared.

Customer restored data from backup, then a few days later the same thing happened. Oddly some, but not all data, turned up in the recycle bin.

Nothing on any Microsoft pages about this.

Anybody else had this problem?

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
A customer of mine had a similar problem.

It was as if a system restore to about 2 weeks prior had occurred. This was indicated by the fact that MS Office was regressed to before the point at which the licence key had been added. At the same time, 2 weeks worth of data from Desktop and Documents disappeared.

Customer restored data from backup, then a few days later the same thing happened. Oddly some, but not all data, turned up in the recycle bin.

Nothing on any Microsoft pages about this.

Anybody else had this problem?

That's not a similar problem at all. This is about Windows Phone...as in cellular phone devices. You're talking about a PC issue...totally different thing.

I would recommend checking on the Microsoft Answers website, or posting there. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos