Bluetooth - switch from stream audio to calls?

MJRusso45

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I have a Belkin Aircast auto that I've had for a couple years. When I first got it, I had a Samsung Focus. It worked great. Switched seamlessly from streaming MP3's to calls, read texts, etc.

When I got my Lumia 900, it stopped working so great. It still connects and plays audio, and it still reads my texts. However, when the phone rings, i have to pick up the phone to talk, the sound doesn't come from the speakers. Very frustrating, as this is one of the main reasons i have a handsfree setup. Has anyone experienced a bluetooth device that will stream audio but won't work for calls on this L900?

-Mike

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I have a Belkin Aircast auto that I've had for a couple years. When I first got it, I had a Samsung Focus. It worked great. Switched seamlessly from streaming MP3's to calls, read texts, etc.

When I got my Lumia 900, it stopped working so great. It still connects and plays audio, and it still reads my texts. However, when the phone rings, i have to pick up the phone to talk, the sound doesn't come from the speakers. Very frustrating, as this is one of the main reasons i have a handsfree setup. Has anyone experienced a bluetooth device that will stream audio but won't work for calls on this L900?

-Mike

If you press "Answer" on your phone screen it will actually assume you want to take the call privately and put the sound through the phone as if you just pulled it out of your pocket.

However, if you answer the phone using the Bluetooth setup (typically by pressing the same button you use to connect/pair) then your phone will assume you want to use the Bluetooth setup for the call and come through the speakers.

MJRusso45

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
If you press "Answer" on your phone screen it will actually assume you want to take the call privately and put the sound through the phone as if you just pulled it out of your pocket.

However, if you answer the phone using the Bluetooth setup (typically by pressing the same button you use to connect/pair) then your phone will assume you want to use the Bluetooth setup for the call and come through the speakers.

Yes, that's how i used to answer with the Focus, just push the button on the BT device. Also the BT device would make a special ringing sound through the car stereo. Now the music just stops and the phone rings as normal. Pressing the BT device button does not have an effect.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos