Microphone and earpeice dead.

TitanSound

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
So, when I make a call I cannot hear anything and people cannot hear me. When I connect headphones, I can hear ringing and the person on the other end but they cannot hear me.

I guessing a hardware fault but, has anyone experienced this?

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Whoa. I recommend that you return that 900 now. That is not supposed to happen.

(If it does, it should happen after you dropped it from a height of at least mine)

TitanSound

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I took it back to the shop. They said it was covered under a 24 month warranty. It was sent back to Nokia for repair and I can collect today. Took three weeks though. Luckily I had my old N900 as a backup. With sim card adapter of course :)

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I took it back to the shop. They said it was covered under a 24 month warranty. It was sent back to Nokia for repair and I can collect today. Took three weeks though. Luckily I had my old N900 as a backup. With sim card adapter of course :)
It's a good thing you have some backup. Depending on where you live, it might take up to a month to have your phone fixed.

On a side note, can I have your N900?

TitanSound

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
It's a good thing you have some backup. Depending on where you live, it might take up to a month to have your phone fixed.

On a side note, can I have your N900?

It's actually a new phone. Nokia just swapped it. Good service!

Well, I was going to recycle it but luckily I didn't. I use my phone for work and need internet/e-mail. The shop were going to give me a calls/texts only temp phone. So once I get my upgrade in a few months time, I won't need two spare phones. So you're welcome to have the N900 then.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb