How's your 900 holding up?

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 900 owners who havent used a case on their phone, i'm wondering how the body of your device is holding up after a year or more?

(Pics would be nice too :)

cheesemoo

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Looks pretty good. A couple corners are a little "smooshed" due to being dropped on the concrete a few times. The shiny metal around the camera is scratched up pretty bad. The cyan body is absolutely perfect. Screen is still very nice. It has held up just as nice as any of my old Nokias from decades ago. Alot netter than any other brand of phone

exsanguine

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I put a case on mine after 6 months since it gets so dry here in the winter my fingers would slip on the polycarb.

Anyways: as the user above, one smooshed corner from dropping it on a corner and the silver camera piece is scratched to heck -- that happened within one week.

mach

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Got mine when they first came out. Screen is still fine, but one corner (by the SIM slot) is badly cracked. All the others are fine, I guess the various times I've dropped it (onto worryingly hard surfaces) it has hit on the same corner. Really considering getting a case for it, but only 6 more months and I get the freebie upgrade.

St_Deborah

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Mine still looks pretty good actually. In fact, it was almost scratch free (even after plenty of drops) until just recently when it on the ground pretty hard and triple nicked the side. Other than that it still looks pretty nice. I have the white one and have had it since October. It's funny because all the people I know with the Galaxy S3s have horrid screen cracks. I couldn't even use it like that. I've dropped my Nokia so many times and it's still beautiful, case free, screen intact and all. =)

manwe

May 6, 2013
Visit site
the screen has several scratched (so much for gorilla glass) but the (black) body is pristine even after being dropped on hard tiles a few times. the phone is a tank

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Three drops since launch, and all I have so far is a dent in the corner, and the metal/plastic rim has many dings on it (probably annoys me the most). One scratch I think, but the screen protector hides it well. All the falls have been on hard tile, each time my heart skips a beat.

weetigo

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
NL920 had that bug for a while where you had to remove the SIM when resetting to get by the Spinning Cogs, but once it was updated beyond that build it was fine.

weetigo

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Man, I think im the only one who hasn't smooshed a corner on his device yet; Of course saying that, I am now tempting fate. No case here.

ejb222

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Well,
I had to have it replaced under warrenty once about 2 months after I got it...so that is probably early June of 2012. So far so good. I've dropped it a bunch with no protection. the cyan body has taken some damage...screen cracked in the upper right hand corner...but not in the digitizer area. It did get a deep scratch once while in my back pocket...don't know how it happened. Everything works perfectly.
Battery is still realy good. I've lightly used it over the last couple days and I'm about 16% battery after 34 hours without charge. I thought about replacing the body and screen to sell it, but after watching the video on how to this, it seems like it would be best just to sell on eBay...bet I could get $75-99 for it as it sits...never know. Inheriting a 920 this weekend.

ejb222

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Three drops since launch, and all I have so far is a dent in the corner, and the metal/plastic rim has many dings on it (probably annoys me the most). One scratch I think, but the screen protector hides it well. All the falls have been on hard tile, each time my heart skips a beat.

I think this is my biggest complaint about the phone. I hated the raised metal frame around the screen from day one! Took a bit for me to get used to it. and it did burr a little after I dropped it once. Man I remember thinking it was going to give me a blister on my ear the first time i put it to my head to answer a call.

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I think this is my biggest complaint about the phone. I hated the raised metal frame around the screen from day one! Took a bit for me to get used to it. and it did burr a little after I dropped it once. Man I remember thinking it was going to give me a blister on my ear the first time i put it to my head to answer a call.

Definitely the biggest thing I don't like, then it's the camera chrome. It looks snazzy, but oh man does it accumulate scratches easily. I took scotch brite (the green sponge pads) and just took the chrome off, now it looks like stainless steel sorta, and the scratches do not show. Too bad I can't do a thing about that rim. It's one huge reason I want a new WP8 because all of them do not have it, and most of them have that nice curved glass... argh hate contracts.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
This thread is very interesting to me. I am thinking of picking up a second hand 900 and ditching this bug-filled Titan 2 of mine. I am waiting until we get to the end of our contracts at the end of the year before diving into WP8 just due to wanting to see what Nokia has in store for us with 8.1. But a used 900 is easy to come by and the only WP7 still being supported. I am hard on my phones, though, as I work in an industrial setting. Even with cases, life as a mobile device in Snowmutt's life is a tough life.

Please keep posting. I am very curious.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss