conundrum. lumia 900 vs htc 8x (x-post /8x)

manwe

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I face a decision in terms of phone choice.
I got an htc 8x at a great price from ebay just now but i also still have my lumia 900.
The question is, which one do I sell on?
I love the hardware of the htc 8x, and while I also adore the l900's design i wouldn't mind trading it for something lighter and possibly smaller (also that 'new' factor...)

so as far as i can tell without i having arrived what the HTC has going for it : better screen, wp8 ( i didn't really have problems with 7.8, can't really think of anything major missing, i'm very interested in ppl's opinions on this), ligher + smaller body, nfc (what is the everyday use of this?), cool design

whereas the Lumia 900 has: nokia exclusives (can you seriously still not choose a costume ringtone on wp8??), apparently better battery life than the 8x

so i'm interested in hearing people's opinions, especially in terms of wp7.8 vs wp8, what do you think? i had a samsung omnia 7 before and switching to nokia from that felt like night and day, but then again 7.8 was just rolling out too. thoughts?

MSfiend

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
You can create custom ringtones on any WP7 or 8 with the app "easyRing & Music."

If you don't mind giving up your Nokia exclusive apps, then I'd defiantly make the switch to the 8X.

Keep in mind there are several apps that WP7.X can not run that were exclusively designed for WP8 so by sticking with your 900, you're limiting your app selection anyways.

manwe

May 6, 2013
Visit site
yeah that's a good point about me already limiting myself, although in general i got the impression that the difference between app selection on 7.8 and wp8 isn't too severe. i used to use nokia music a lot, but ive gone off it now, but overall nokia is just incredibly committed with its app support

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes