Phone doesnt give me an option to unlock.

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys i have a serious issue on my hand. Please help, i bought a nokia lumia 900 online in mint condition and it seems to work properly except one issue. I cant seem to unlock it. The person i bought it from said that it was locked to AT&T but was unlock-able to any other network just like with all other lumias. However, i have the correct unlock code according to my IMEI number but cant insert it because my phone doesn't even give me the screen option to put in the code. When i put a working mini sim card in besides the at&t one as it means it will now be a different carrier sims card, it doesnt even acknowledge the sim card. It says the sim card is invalid or missing. Which means that i cant enter the unlock code because its not even picking up the foreign sim ! :/

I tried my best to turn the sim card different ways and such and tested it out in different phones and the sim works. Therefore it could only be the Lumia. I added a small piece of paper under the sim on the sim door thingy in case if it was loose or something. Still nothing. I have a feeling that the guy i bought it from tried unlocking it and messed up the code more than the allotted amount of entries and caused the phone to not recognize any sim cards. However, if this was the case woulnt it ask me for like a PUK code or something ? It doesnt even asks for that :/. All it says is i can make emergency calls and that the sim is invalid or missing. This is weird. I hope there is a way to solve this. Please help me because i spent a good amount of money on the phone. I was even thinking about doing a hard reset on the phone.Thanks guys.

slotti

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Do the hard reset. After that, put your card back in and try again. If it doesn't work, I would suggest to head over to an Att store and ask them to try am art sim, just to make sure there is no other issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss