[T-Mobile] Does anyone actually have MMS messaging working on their Lumia 900?

Faiien

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Title pretty much covers it. I've looked for hours on google and various forums to find a fix for the MMS problem, to no avail. Specifically for T-Mobile users.

I have an unlocked phone which I use on T-Mobile. I've tried the Network Setup app, I've tried editing the APN settings in my phone. Currently the only way I can send/receive picture messages is if I turn my phone off for a bit then on again, which only yields maybe a 30% success rate and lasts for minutes. Otherwise, attempting to send a picture results in an immediate "Can't send message Try again" every time.

I'm wondering if anyone here uses their Lumia 900 with T-Mobile and has working picture messaging? If so it'd be great if you could share how you got it working.

eruptflail

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
I have issues with a Tmobile HTC 8x, but for me it's all about my reception. How good is your service where you're trying to send/receive pics?

slotti

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I have it working on T-mobile with my 900. I used the Nokia setup up back in March (before they updated it).
But, I only seem to be able to send and receive mms when connected through 4g or 2g. On LTE it does not work either for me.

tuctoty

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I have the exact same issue with my Lumina 900 on t-mobile. I was not sure if the various fixes on the net didn't work because I had tried them only after updating to the latest available version of the Windows Phone OS. Perhaps the fixes worked on previous versions?

tuctoty

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I may have solved it on my device (unlocked AT&T Nokia lumina 900 on T-Mobile network.) After trying seemingly every fix on the internet to no avail, I finally found success using the following method: 1: UNINSTALL the Nokia Network Setup app. 2: under Settings(gear icon)>Cellular, clear any APNs I had already made. 3: Make a new APN and put "fast.t-mobile.com" into the APN line and fill out NO OTHER fields. just save and close. 4: after this I rebooted and sent myself a photo message (I don't know if this step did anything - just superstition, most likely) and I can now send media messages and surf the web.
Good luck!

jwang2007

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Dude! that worked!!! haha.

I went into the APN settings and changed it to

fast.t-mobile.com[/SIZE][/SIZE]

use to be - epc.tmobile.com

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members