Facebook chat

mystickle

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I've had this problem since the day I got this phone. People will message me from facebook, and I will receive the message into my Messenger app. Sometime throughout the chat, I stop receiving messages, so I assume the other person is no longer signed onto facebook. Later in the day I'll log into the facebook app on my phone and notice I have tons of messages from the person I was chatting with that were not being sent to my Messenger app. The messages are usually like " You still there?" Yes I was, but I wasn't receiving the messages!! I'm just at a loss. I've had this phone for over a year now, and I switched to an Android because it was so bothersome. I like this Lumia 900 more then my Android but the Android is flawless on the facebook chat.

Anyone know why this happens? I've considered using another app like IM+ instead of my default messenger. I just don't see why it doesn't work correctly. Is it something I'm doing wrong?

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I've had this problem since the day I got this phone. People will message me from facebook, and I will receive the message into my Messenger app. Sometime throughout the chat, I stop receiving messages, so I assume the other person is no longer signed onto facebook. Later in the day I'll log into the facebook app on my phone and notice I have tons of messages from the person I was chatting with that were not being sent to my Messenger app. The messages are usually like " You still there?" Yes I was, but I wasn't receiving the messages!! I'm just at a loss. I've had this phone for over a year now, and I switched to an Android because it was so bothersome. I like this Lumia 900 more then my Android but the Android is flawless on the facebook chat.

Anyone know why this happens? I've considered using another app like IM+ instead of my default messenger. I just don't see why it doesn't work correctly. Is it something I'm doing wrong?

It's a bug with Microsoft connecting to your Facebook account from what I've read. Certain people for me can get through and others not so much. One work around is you install the Facebook app and just pin the Facebook chat to your homescreen so you can access it quickly. Another solution you can try is to disconnect your Facebook account from your Microsoft account and reconnect it, and also delete your Facebook account on your phone and re-add it.

da7thsign

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem. I tried the delete the app and disconnect and reconnect account but it still does it. Oh well, im almost due for an upgrade, im going to jump ship to WP 8 and hopefully they have a working chat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henrysmith