Transferring my contacts from my iPhone 4 to my Lumia 900

w8w8holdon

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone, I want to transfer all my contacts from my iPhone 4 to my Lumia 900.. After going through a PAIN to find out what was the proper way to do it, I managed to login to my iCloud account on www.icloud.com and download the VCard file of my contacts there.
My question is, how do I now retrieve the actual contacts from my VCard (which is on my computer), to my Nokia Lumia 900 phone?
Thanks!

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Uh... Nokia provides an app to allow you to transfer your contacts from iOS to youe Lumia 900. It's called "Contacts Transfer" in the Nokia Collection.
Contacts Transfer | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Maybe give that a try before you try sending yourself individual vcard files. That might be a lot faster. If you can also somehow transfer all your contacts on iOS to an Exchange account or an Outlook account that would work too. I think you can import vcards via Outlook.com.

w8w8holdon

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Uh... Nokia provides an app to allow you to transfer your contacts from iOS to youe Lumia 900. It's called "Contacts Transfer" in the Nokia Collection.
Contacts Transfer | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Maybe give that a try before you try sending yourself individual vcard files. That might be a lot faster. If you can also somehow transfer all your contacts on iOS to an Exchange account or an Outlook account that would work too. I think you can import vcards via Outlook.com.

Can you please give me a quick info on how to transfer them through an exchange or outlook account? Because i'll be giving away my iPhone before I actually get the Nokia that's why I don't think I'll be able to transfer the contacts with tthe app you mentioned above.
Thanks.

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I guess you can't really in Outlook.com. You'll need to import it as a CSV file or use another piece of software to accomplish it.
1. Windows Live Mail - Windows Only. Install the mail app, then log in with your outlook account. File>Import>Vcard. It should sync up your People with the contacts of Windows Live Mail.
2. Use Outlook (program not webapp)
3. Find software to convert Vcards to CSV.
4. Import to Gmail, and export back out as CSV.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers