Lumia 900 has stopped charging...

Elkattio

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I've had my Lumia 900 for a little over 1 year and I've had no real problems out of it until this week. Currently, the phone will not charge correctly. It doesn't really matter what charger I use, the phone will connect, make it's little ringy-dingy sound and then just sit there. The icon in the corner flashes that it is connected but the phone is not actually charging.

I used the original charger up until yesterday thinking that perhaps the charger was the problem considering the cord started breaking. However, with a new charger the problem still persists, regardless if I plug it into the wall or into the computer.

I think that there could be a connection issue, but I'm not entirely certain. I cannot go an entire year without a phone because my plan does not allow an upgrade until next December.

Thanks,

Steven

jonathanrn

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
So the USB port is working. The software is working because it pulls up Zune. Have you done a reset? The one you do by holding down the down volume and power button until it vibrates and resets?

jonathanrn

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
So the original charging cord broke, a new, 3rd party microUSB cable doesn't work, but the car charger works? I would find a high quality microUSB cable and try it in the wall again.

Elkattio

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I tried that and it still does not work in the wall. I took the cord my mom uses for her Lumia 920 and tried it in the wall and computer. As stated, the wall doesn't work but the computer does charge the phone now. However, it is a very, very slow charge. I can leave it plugged in over night and it will maybe get to 90% charge, nothing more.

Elkattio

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
It is also very touchy. If you look at it the wrong way it will disconnect from the computer. It is almost as if the jack in the phone has expanded or been worn down.

Citizen X

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Sorry I didn't see your thread. I started my own. My micro USB slot seems finicky as well. What works for me is the OEM Nokia cable that came with the phone and a 2 amp HP Touchpad charger. Try a high quality 2 amp charger and the OEM cable. Also get some canned air and clean out the micro USB port on the phone and the inside of the Nokia cable. My phone is not back to new but I can establish a charging connection more easily and it actually charges seemingly like normal (ie pretty fast).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss