Nokia Lumia 900 micro usb power connection sucks!

Citizen X

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Are you guys finding that after about a year of ownership that the micro usb connection to your Lumia 900 is flaky? I don't think my original charger works anymore with my Lumia 900. I use a charger for an HP Touchpad but the HP cable is flaky. I use my Nokia cable with my HP Touchpad charger. Is this problem widespread? I want to get rid of this phone before it really goes downhill.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I've had mine for almost 20 months now, and I don't have any issues with the charger or the microUSB port. I plan to replace the 900 for another Nokia device as soon as my contract ends, but just because I'll be eligible to upgrade, not because the device is defective.

Citizen X

May 11, 2013
Visit site
My Nokia cable seems to work well but third party micro USB cables don't seem to work well with my Lumia 900. Also the Lumia 900 charger doesn't seem to work anymore with my phone. It is recognized when I plug it in to other devices but my phone only seems to work reliably with the Nokia cable and a Touchpad 2amp charger.

Other than that my phone is pristine and works perfectly. I am really interested in wireless charging but I am going to wait for the at&t Lumia 1520 with built in PMA. Hopefully it will be out when my contract is up in a few months. The cell phone industry needs to move to a new standard other than micro USB.

cheesemoo

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Micro USB port been flaky on my 900 for the last few months. I have had it almost two years. it finally went out two days ago. might take a bit of a charge here and there if you hold the cable just right after wiggling it around. Can not get it connected long enough to sync. Skydrive is my only option if it will stay on long enough to upload.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett