Kosta Radosavljevic

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
My first impression when I got WP was - it looks cool, but I guess it only has a few apps. Now I have serious issues and I really don't know what to do. The problems:
I cannot play a full video on YouTube - it jumps off automatically to the search or task screen (the one you get when you are holding the "back" button). Logically - video pauses and I have to play it again. And that happens multiple times.
The same thing happens when I am browsing the internet, playing games or listening to music. Even some simple tasks like writing a message.

Problems were gone when I did a system reset, but only for a short time. I made a huge mistake by moving to WP. I didn't expect it to bi so closed.

I am sorry if I offended any WP fans, but this experience I have is just too much horrific, so if anyone knows solution to this problem please help me. If the problems don't persist I might even keep this phone, because overall - it isn't that bad.
Thank you in advance.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
It looks like you keep hitting the search and home button while you use the phone. These button respond to touch and take you to respective screens. The only fix is what you do and how you touch your phone. Soft buttons are sensitive to touch. However if you aren't pressing them while using the phone (you will know as phone vibrates when they are pressed) then it could be a faulty handset and you should get it swapped.

Welcome to WPC!

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
We are not offended. Hate it when new users are having problems.

First off, please do not confuse problems with a handset, like what you are having, with problems with the OS. WP is a smooth running, very efficient OS. If you can figure out your faults, I think yoou will see that.

Secondly, we users on WP7 are on the short end of the stick as far as Apps go. WP8 is where the development is and we are not it.

I am surprised the fault you are describing is occuring the way it is. I have never heard of this problem. Even if you are not touching it, the fault has to lie in the "back" or "search" capacitive buttons. If you bought it new, I would contact Nokia customer service as soon as you can. If you bought it used, you may have to see what kind of options you have as far as switching it.

I hope you figure this out. Best wishes.

bobbob1016

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
We are not offended. Hate it when new users are having problems.

First off, please do not confuse problems with a handset, like what you are having, with problems with the OS. WP is a smooth running, very efficient OS. If you can figure out your faults, I think yoou will see that.

Secondly, we users on WP7 are on the short end of the stick as far as Apps go. WP8 is where the development is and we are not it.

I am surprised the fault you are describing is occuring the way it is. I have never heard of this problem. Even if you are not touching it, the fault has to lie in the "back" or "search" capacitive buttons. If you bought it new, I would contact Nokia customer service as soon as you can. If you bought it used, you may have to see what kind of options you have as far as switching it.

I hope you figure this out. Best wishes.

This. I would have thought screen issues, as it sounded the buttons were registering a press. I agree it's bad that there isn't an official YouTube app, and it's petty on Google's part, but the YouTube we can use shouldn't have that issue.

The_Vermonster

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
This is actually a common problem with many of the early L900's search for "Lumia 900 sticky buttons". You'll see it is very common. Best way around it is to add shielding between the speakers and the backside of the buttons. Unfortunately this means opening the phone. My workaround has been to just use headphones. Besides not everyone wants to hear your youtube video. ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos