Ok so I have an interesting problem that has made it hard to search for similar issues.

We recently moved to a new place that has almost no service. I occasionally get 1-2 bars of E or G but never 4G let alone LTE. The problem is that when I leave the house my phone will not attempt to connect to the network. If I drive less than half a mile I can see an AT&T tower but it will not connect. The only way to connect is to reboot the phone. I have tried enabling and disabling Airplane mode but it will get stuck in the Enabled position and I have to restart to disable. I have also tried changing the LTE band in Network Setup (which fixed other issues before) but that does nothing.

I went to the AT&T store today and after less than 30 seconds of looking at the phone I was told to use my upgrade. I don't really want to do this because my plan is to move off of my parents account on to a joint account with my fiancee. Plus I'm kinda pissed about how AT&T has handled the 1520.

Ideally I'd like a solution that could let me get another 2-3 months out of my phone. My hope is that Nokis/MS will announce a successor to the 1020 at MWC (I know chances are slim though). If I could hold out until 8.1 that would be even better.

Thanks for your help.
    01-28-2014 11:53 AM
    It sounds like your issue is more related to AT&T coverage, not the device. I wouldn't recommend staying with AT&T if you get no coverage in your house. Are there other carriers in your area that have better coverage? What carriers do your neighbours have?
    01-28-2014 01:19 PM
    Do you have a app that is nokia's own named something like "Network settings"?.

Other then that, a new sim card?
    01-28-2014 01:54 PM
    It sounds like your issue is more related to AT&T coverage, not the device. I wouldn't recommend staying with AT&T if you get no coverage in your house. Are there other carriers in your area that have better coverage? What carriers do your neighbours have?
    I thought so too considering it only started recently. But I took a trip to my parents in Vermont and had the same issue. They have a microcell that I used with this phone for quite a while. My phone never connected to the microcell by itself. I always had to restart it. It would instantly connect after starting up, but never find the microcell any other way.

The unfortunate problem is that no service seems to get to our house. We are in a valley out in the "country." My fiancee has Verizon and she can maybe get 1 bar, enough to send occasional texts but never hold a call. At this point the chances of us staying with AT&T are slim to none. I think I'd prefer T-mo or Straight Talk before considering AT&T.

Do you have a app that is nokia's own named something like "Network settings"?.

Other then that, a new sim card?
    Yeah I have Nokia's "Network Setup." It has 3 oporators; AT&T 3G, AT&T-LTE1-Lumia, AT&T-LTE2-Lumia. I am on LTE1 now. I sometimes have to switch between LTE1 and LTE2 to make MMS work properly. But in this case neither has been working.

Thank you both for your help.
    01-28-2014 02:16 PM