Syncing/back up question - help me understand...

Fern1515

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 900

If I plug in my lumia to the laptop Zune takes over and automatically starts syncing all the stuff...

My question is this. But I'm not really sure how to explain it So please stick with me.

Say I have taken 100 photos on my phone, then plugged it in to the computer to back up, Zune takes over and auto saves the 100 photos to a folder on my pc.
Later down the line I have decided to clear some photos from my phone by deleting 25 (from my phone but they are still on my pc) that I don't want.
I then take another 100 photos and plug it in to my pc.
When it starts automatically syncing is it going to try to put those (deleted from phone) photos (which are still on the pc) back onto my phone?

And what about the other way around? If I go through the photos on the computer, and delete some (but they remain on my phone) is it going to put them all back on the computer again when I plug it in?

Am I totally not getting it?

Can I delete photos from both places at once?

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Lumia 900

If I plug in my lumia to the laptop Zune takes over and automatically starts syncing all the stuff...

My question is this. But I'm not really sure how to explain it So please stick with me.

Say I have taken 100 photos on my phone, then plugged it in to the computer to back up, Zune takes over and auto saves the 100 photos to a folder on my pc.
Later down the line I have decided to clear some photos from my phone by deleting 25 (from my phone but they are still on my pc) that I don't want.
I then take another 100 photos and plug it in to my pc.
When it starts automatically syncing is it going to try to put those (deleted from phone) photos (which are still on the pc) back onto my phone?

And what about the other way around? If I go through the photos on the computer, and delete some (but they remain on my phone) is it going to put them all back on the computer again when I plug it in?

Am I totally not getting it?

Can I delete photos from both places at once?

go into the settings on zune on your pc, there you can determine whether during syncing if deleted pics,vids,music are reinstalled to phone, you control how the sync works, you can also set whether if you deleted from phone if it also deletes from folder on pc, hope this helps ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon