So who's getting one on release day?

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Think I saw enough to decide this will be my WP8 device. Same form factor but some interesting new additions and tech, including the HD screen. Will be a good upgrade from my 900.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Gotta see it in action, need to see what carrier has it and price point. Same for ATIV. Someone is getting my money. It will be one of those two, with HTC given a courtesy sniff to see if they are even in the thought process.

But these look really, really fun. I LOVED the look of that vibrant screen, and we know Nokia will support them.

MrTimSmith

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
I'll probably still get one but I'm extremely annoyed that they announce an awesome sd card management feature but then the "flagship" phone doesn't have an sd card slot. :straight::mad:

avmike

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Tough decision. Lumia 920 moves away from OLED, and lacks a MicroSD slot. However, it has LTE and wireless charging, which Samsung ATIV-S does not. I also think Nokia's apps add some value. Guess I will have to see both in person...

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Tough decision. Lumia 920 moves away from OLED, and lacks a MicroSD slot. However, it has LTE and wireless charging, which Samsung ATIV-S does not. I also think Nokia's apps add some value. Guess I will have to see both in person...

With 32 GB's of storage, is no SD really a deal killer? That seems like a ton of memory.

Just curious. You and @mrTimSmith are not the first two to mention it.

(Also, I would bet the US version of the ATIV will have LTE. Call it 4-1 odds it will.)

larrynj

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
No doubt I will have one launch day. I understand the SD card disappoints some, but it means nothing to me. It's a big upgrade from the 900. I have never had good luck with Samsung so the ATIV is not an option for me. Even though it does look like a nice phone.

I've always been conservative and thought I was going silver but I'm leaning more towards the yellow now. Dare to be different I guess. :) So the only question in my mind is what color will I get on release day and how much should I spend on cool accessories?

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
With 32 GB's of storage, is no SD really a deal killer? That seems like a ton of memory.

Not a dealbreaker, but not ideal either. I've already personally got 9GB of apps (mostly Xbox Games) on my phone, and that's without HD capability in any of them. Add in the fact that you now have 1080p video capture, plus the device is now high enough resolution that you might actually want to store 720p video on it, and that can run out fast. 32GB is a start, but it's already behind the curve, whereas with an expandable slot, you can just keep adding.

And for music, the more space the better. Zune Pass / Xbox Music will make up for this some, but it's not always ideal (as of right now, you have to search manually for each album, for example. On that note, I'd love if a feature of Xbox Music was to match my collection on my PC, and keep a record of that in a separate 'cloud collection' of sorts, so I could browse through music I like that is stored on Xbox Music servers). Plus, it's not always great if you're low on battery, or out of an LTE area.

I'll still be getting this on day one almost definitely, but the lack of a storage slot is the sole disappointment on what is otherwise a great device.

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
It's tempting but I'm looking for a smaller device at the moment so it looks like I'm going to have to pass. Even the 820 seems a little large for the screen size of the device. I'd love a device that is the same size as the Trophy but with a larger screen.

Last edited:

ljkelley

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
It will probably be AT&T exclusive and not on T-Mobile or Verizon... besides doesn't come in cyan. So no go for me. I guess I'll wait this gen out and save my money.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
The thing i have been most impressed on hands-on videos have been the PureMotion HD screen with refresh rate 60 Hz, 332 ppi, Sculpted 2.5D glass, RGB, IPS, 2.5x faster scrolling and pixel transition speeds and super touch.

Jury is still out on the PureView camera. Specifications for the sensor do look very nice so i doubt it will disappoint anybody, but wont either have the image quality of 808 PureView?

8.7 megapixels
Optical Image Stabilization
Sensor size 1/3 inch
Latest generation BSI sensor with 1.4 micron pixels
Short pulse high power dual LED

MrTimSmith

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site

Just curious. You and @mrTimSmith are not the first two to mention it.

(Also, I would bet the US version of the ATIV will have LTE. Call it 4-1 odds it will.)

While I would really prefer as much local storage as possible what bothers me most is two things. They announces an awesome feature that the flagship device won't have and that the 820 does.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'll get one of these after the new year cause people will be dumping them on eBay for half the cost new. I predict the ATIV S will hold its value better than this thing.

I know they won't be doing any $99 on contract like they did with the 900. Those losses can't be sustained forever.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs