09-14-2012 01:31 PM
105 12345
tools
    I have a GS3 and I was concerned about the build quality. The build quality and feel in the hand is actually much better than I thought it would be. The screen is great, battery life is excellent for an LTE phone (I get a full day with moderate use with no battery tricks - everything is left on - WiFi, BT, 3g/LTE (Verizon), etc). Not sure how it will do with WP8 since comparisons to WP7 are moot - the only thing the same is the interface. Beginning to wonder if MS is going to get this done on time since the SDK is still not out and no one (except the OEMs) has yet to see it in operation. If you want a big screen phone with excellent performance the Ativ (the 8 MP camera is excellent, also - although it may not compare to the Pureview based Lumia) should be a great phone on whatever carriers it launches on.
    09-08-2012 09:01 PM
    I think all the manufacturers are making their phones too thin and fragile. How many thread have we seen where someone drops their phone 2ft getting out of their car and shatter the screen. Dave Blake dropped his 1st Titan, I think it was, and his screen shattered

I actually liked the size and weight of the Palm 750. You could play football with the old Palm phones and not break them
    I played with a Samsung Galaxy SIII three weeks ago. I found it too light and slippery. I just know if I had one I'd have to put it in an Otterbox, or else the danged thing would slip out of my hand.
    09-08-2012 11:25 PM
    I'll visit the gym tomorrow. Thanks for the reminder. :)

I've been slacking off and need to get there.
    09-08-2012 11:27 PM
    For those who appreciate the thinner and lighter phones, more power to you - the entire market is shifting in your direction. I personally have never felt that my 11mm Omnia 7 was too thick, and the Lumia 800 sits really nicely in my hand.

Weight is very much an unknown quantity, I'd have to hold the device to see if it feels right.

BOTH are lighter than the Titan I and Titan II.
    The 920 is 185g while the Titans are 160g and 147g respectively.
    Last edited by AngryNil; 09-09-2012 at 07:26 AM.
    GoodThings2Life likes this.
    09-09-2012 07:07 AM
    If the Lumia 920 weighs less than a 12oz bottle of beer, I will be happy. ;)

I'm really digging what I'm seeing thus far.
    09-09-2012 08:30 AM
    Weight is very much an unknown quantity, I'd have to hold the device to see if it feels right.

The 920 is 185g while the Titans are 160g and 147g respectively.
    Wow. Are you serious about those figures (I didn't look them up for the Titans)? I stand corrected then, but I will say that on Wednesday when I held both in my hands, the Lumia "felt" lighter to me. It certainly felt balanced... the Titan feels bottom heavy (to me).

But then I guess that means you're right... even knowing the weights, it's still a variable since the distribution and balance of that weight makes a huge impact.

Thanks for the information! :)
    09-09-2012 09:35 AM
    Lumia 920: 10.7 mm thick and 185 gms! Talk about regressing.

Inexcusable especially with a non removable battery and it is not like you are getting a bigger battery either. It is still 300mAh smaller than the Ativ S.
    No one understands that weight is put up because of camera mechanical parts, display tech and sturdy design.
    09-09-2012 01:55 PM
    myself I like a heavy device... one reason I loved my optimus quantum. HATE a light device, makes it feel cheap.
    09-09-2012 02:27 PM
    It could be a bit lighter. But the Pureview camera way outweighs the weight issue. :)
    09-09-2012 02:58 PM
    The camera adds weight, the wireless charging tech, the slight battery size increase, the body size increase as well, but I think the biggest reason for the weight increase is the curvature of the glass. Glass is heavy for it's size. Even if it is gorilla glass, it will still add significant grams to the weight of the device.
    09-09-2012 09:23 PM
    The camera adds weight, the wireless charging tech, the slight battery size increase, the body size increase as well, but I think the biggest reason for the weight increase is the curvature of the glass. Glass is heavy for it's size. Even if it is gorilla glass, it will still add significant grams to the weight of the device.
    Well it really means that the Lumia 920 is no good for single hand use.
    09-09-2012 11:18 PM
    I'd say the physical size of the device limits that more than the weight, considering you probably carry things one-handed that are far heavier than 200g.
    09-10-2012 02:11 AM
    On the contrary, the weight distribution of the 920 is far better than many of the phones I've held in my hand. In fact, it was good enough that it actually (and mistakenly to my mind) felt lighter than my Titan which is considerably lighter. The Titan is bottom heavy, so it felt like it was pulling down.
    09-10-2012 06:18 AM
    Just curious, did you find the 900 any good for single hand use - I had a try and for me it was OK but I will admit it is a monster sized phone. But it passed the jeans pocket test and that is always my number 1 test
    09-10-2012 06:55 AM
    This thing is going to weigh 0.41 pounds (versus 0.353 lbs for Lumia 900), versus 0.30 for the Samsung ATIV. Plus, it will be 0.42" thick (versus 0.45 for Lumia 900), versus 0.34" for the ATIV. This is just plain massive. I know- Samsung is flimsy and plastic, but this is just a hulk. This is very disappointing. I like the Lumia 900, but it is still too heavy and too thick. Anyone else feel the same way?
    I say someone slap that Hulk so it can get anger and stonger.
    09-10-2012 09:11 AM
    areyouf**kingkiddingme?.jpg

The Lumia 920 weighs 185 grams. That's 0.41 lbs.

The 900 weighs 160 grams. That's 0.35 lbs.

That is a 0.06 pound difference. Hit the f**king gym Nancy.
    09-10-2012 10:36 PM
    Just curious, did you find the 900 any good for single hand use - I had a try and for me it was OK but I will admit it is a monster sized phone. But it passed the jeans pocket test and that is always my number 1 test
    I just typed this post single handed with my left hand, and I'm right handed. My Lumia 900 also happens to be in an Otterbox case.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    Reflexx likes this.
    09-10-2012 10:41 PM
    I just want the damn thing to be released so we can talk about real world experiences instead of endlessly guessing...

For those who worry about size, the SG3 felt too big for me when I first got it, but after about 3 days or so, id got used to it and then every other phone felt too small.

As for the weight, yes it is heavy (for a phone) BUT if it does everything I want it to do and does it well, and fits in my jeans pocket OK, then Im not going to care..
    09-11-2012 02:34 AM
    Gym dude! If you find it masssssiiiveee!

Sent from my Radar C110e using Board Express
    09-11-2012 03:48 AM
    Details smetails, but the phone's side profile does look gross...
    09-11-2012 03:57 AM
    I usually type with two hands (well thumbs) on my L900, but for 90% of the other activities, my left hand does all the tapping, leaving my right hand for eating (unfortunately) and drinking (fortunately). Not uncomfortable at all. 5' 11" and average man hands.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro
    09-11-2012 07:03 AM
    No need for expensive gym memberships.

If you're having trouble with the weight of the 920, you should be able to find items to lift at home to get you ready.

• Use a fishing lure for curls. Slow and steady. Feel the burn.
    • Then try getting a toddler's sized cup of water and bring it up to your mouth, then back down again. Repeat at least 10 times. You can do it.
    • Next is the Cat in the Hat deadlift. Perhaps the must challenging, because you'll have to use your legs and back as well. Place the Cat in the Hat children's book on the ground and then pick it up. If it's too tough, you can start by placing it on the bad instead of the ground.

Once you've conquered these household items, the 920 should be a piece of cake. Now get working!
    09-11-2012 09:00 AM
    Just bring it!
    09-11-2012 10:00 AM
    Yeah, good lord people. Anything less than half pound is not heavy. I see some complaining that it's a whole 5 grams heavier than the SG3. Now without using Google, can you tell me exactly how many grams are in a pound??? No cheating!!! Okay, now you can go look it up. Once you do, come back and tell everyone how dumb you are.
    09-11-2012 10:11 AM
    Yeah, good lord people. Anything less than half pound is not heavy. I see some complaining that it's a whole 5 grams heavier than the SG3. Now without using Google, can you tell me exactly how many grams are in a pound??? No cheating!!! Okay, now you can go look it up. Once you do, come back and tell everyone how dumb you are.
    Wow I guessed 185. :lol: Alhough I was way off I don't think that makes me dumb.
    09-11-2012 10:18 AM
105 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD