Do you think there is another phone better than Lumia 920?

sholokov

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I had to ask this question. We all love (almost all) the way Lumia phones look. But is wireless charging and PureView enough to make you reach a decision? Or do you think you will get over the looks and buy another phone for more practically or any other reason. E.g. SDcard, replaceable battery, 3.5 mm audio pin location, etc.:straight:

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Personal preference. I have a Lumia 900 so I already dont have an SD card slot so wont miss that but will get more storage. The screen will be bigger and higher resolution, battery will be bigger, camera better, wireless charging, blur free screen. For me these features are superior to an even bigger screen, SD card slot and bigger/removable battery and enough to make me choose the 920. For others these same features would make another phone better and they will choose that. It will all come down to personal preference.

sholokov

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
My choice...

I just wanted to add that I personally like the way Nokia 920 looks and may buy it for just that reason. Even though I like the option of SDcard in the Lumia 820.

sholokov

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Ativ S seems to be a good phone. Lets see what HTC will bring to the table. I am seriously hoping they come back to the Microsoft game. I loved their Wizard 100 and Touch Pro 2 (SEA edition).

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
IMO, it's hard to recommend other brands because Nokia is adding so much value to their devices on top of their already impressive hardware.

sholokov

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
IMO, it's hard to recommend other brands because Nokia is adding so much value to their devices on top of their already impressive hardware.
That raises another question. Do you feel people will choose Nokia over others even if others come up with a better phone? Do you think Nokia has already won this game? :straight:

fraincs

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
That raises another question. Do you feel people will choose Nokia over others even if others come up with a better phone? Do you think Nokia has already won this game? :straight:
I think they did won the war already. Right now I might go with a 820, I might change my ming but there is some advantages that the 820 has over the 920 (SD card, removable battery). I think the Activ-S has those advantages as well but I love what Nokia is doing and all the exclusive app might win me over in not considering a HTC or Samsung phone (I currently own a Focus)

FUS3360

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Its all about personal preference.. One thing is for sure.. Nokia puts so much attention to detail onto their devices and it really shows on both hardware and software..

threed61

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I have wanted higher res and more memory. This is the first Windows Phone that generally matches competing flagship phones. I'm gonna get one, and when a 'better equipped' phone is quickly released, I won't feel bad at all.

sholokov

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I have wanted higher res and more memory. This is the first Windows Phone that generally matches competing flagship phones. I'm gonna get one, and when a 'better equipped' phone is quickly released, I won't feel bad at all.
A better Windows phone? Or any better hardware?

Update: ok. I got it now what you meant. I am a little slow ;)

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

Last I heard, out of all WP OEMs, Nokia already makes up 59% of total sales. It's really their game to lose.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site

I guess we'll see.

I'm not sure what "better phone" they'd come out with, other than just design preferences. They could add a quad-core, but that wouldn't really make any noticeable difference in performance. I suppose they could add more RAM. SD card support would be good for some. Or 64 GB of storage to begin with.

The real "better" would be if they came out with some sort of real technical innovation that others can't do. Like Nokia's PureView.

If somehow an OEM got Lytro support, that would be a big deal.

But if all things were equal, even without PureView, just the amount of app support Nokia gives is hard to compete against. Other OEMs need to step it up with the custom apps.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
At this time, NO there is not a better Windows Phone 8 device out there right now BUT ! It's too early to ask this question.

Samsung has only showed 1 model, HTC only has 1 device shown. You need to give everyone a fair time frame to show their phones.

Ask this question 3 days before WP8 is about to be released, by then we should know all the models that will be hitting in most carriers (some carriers hold back a little but we should know most of it by then).

HTC shows on the 19th... let's talk after that. After all the Titan 2 had better specs than the Lumia 900 by far. HTC is going to have something to go head to head with the 920, count on it...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)