Do you think there is another phone better than Lumia 920?

Ebaneeezor

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
imo - there is no better phone, its simply what works for you and your life. I use xbox, windows PC's @ home and work - after I gave this OS a try I never went back, fell in love with it and its the first phone I enjoy. I always found myself flashing Android, reflashing and tweaking, and iPhone left me feeling like I was in a silo as most apps dont integrate, they simply perform a function for some other software that required to be opened to utilize it, so step after step after step I was finally done performing a simple facebook photo post. WP just feels right and fits with my lifestyle and needs.

sholokov

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
At this time, NO there is not a better Windows Phone 8 device out there right now BUT ! It's too early to ask this question.

Samsung has only showed 1 model, HTC only has 1 device shown. You need to give everyone a fair time frame to show their phones.

Ask this question 3 days before WP8 is about to be released, by then we should know all the models that will be hitting in most carriers (some carriers hold back a little but we should know most of it by then).

HTC shows on the 19th... let's talk after that. After all the Titan 2 had better specs than the Lumia 900 by far. HTC is going to have something to go head to head with the 920, count on it...
David in CT, I am Sholokov in CT :)

You mentioned that Samsung and HTC only showed one device each. I would think they would show their best device first so people have ample time to compare it with other phones in the market and start planning on getting one. Why would they release their best phone in the last minute?

geekmaster

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
To be fair even though i love the microsoft ecosystem i do not consider myself to be a true fan boy. And to be honest, as of recently sony has REALLY stepped up their game and has gone back to their roots of quality fit and finish. This phone in the video bellow i believe is the only phone that could best the 920 in any way shape or form.

[YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJErcswfto0[/YT]

sholokov

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
To be fair even though i love the microsoft ecosystem i do not consider myself to be a true fan boy. And to be honest, as of recently sony has REALLY stepped up their game and has gone back to their roots of quality fit and finish. This phone in the video bellow i believe is the only phone that could best the 920 in any way shape or form.

Click to view quoted video
What phone is it? I can't see the video on my wp7 internet explorer.

Update: Nevermind, link appeared when I posted this reply.

sholokov

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site

Click to view quoted video
Wow! Mr T is impressive. :straight:

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Right now, not even close, the 920 is bringing too many goodies to the party. It's the full package with all the accessories too.

saintforlife

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Aren't the Lumia 920/820 the only phones that connect to both GPS and GLONASS satellitles for navigation?

Related question: Does this mean the Lumia 920 shows my location even if I am in the middle of nowhere with no cell signal, let's say in thr Arizona desert or the Siberian wilderness?

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Aren't the Lumia 920/820 the only phones that connect to both GPS and GLONASS satellitles for navigation?

Related question: Does this mean the Lumia 920 shows my location even if I am in the middle of nowhere with no cell signal, let's say in thr Arizona desert or the Siberian wilderness?
800 & 900 already does this with the Nokia Drive app. You just download the maps you need and turn off your data, pull up the app and drive away with the help of Drive.

sholokov

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
800 & 900 already does this with the Nokia Drive app. You just download the maps you need and turn off your data, pull up the app and drive away with the help of Drive.
I think what he meant to ask was that these Lumia phones support both US GPS as well as the upgraded Russian GLONASS-K.

jusdis

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
I personally don't mind the lack of a sd card. I converted my songs to 96 kbps and i have over 2000 songs on my phone and still 8gb free on my lumia 900.
With a 920, 25Gb on skydrive and 32G internal. I think that's plenty. But that's just me, I don't store anything else other than music. Also with wireless sync my phone syncs to my pc every night when i plug it in.

jusdis

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
imo - there is no better phone, its simply what works for you and your life. I use xbox, windows PC's @ home and work - after I gave this OS a try I never went back, fell in love with it and its the first phone I enjoy. I always found myself flashing Android, reflashing and tweaking, and iPhone left me feeling like I was in a silo as most apps dont integrate, they simply perform a function for some other software that required to be opened to utilize it, so step after step after step I was finally done performing a simple facebook photo post. WP just feels right and fits with my lifestyle and needs.

Agreed. I had never even seen or heard of a windows phone until just recently. I have been a long time BlackBerry user and after the whole delay fiasco this year i got fed up and started doing my research. It so hapened that just before this i installed the windows 8 consumer preview on my pc and started using it as my main os. Even without the touchscreen I fell in love with the live tiles and the integration with xbox, hotmail, pretty much everything about it. One of the os's i started researching was windows phone. After seeing one in use and realizing that it was like putting my desktop on a phone and carrying it around with me I was hooked.

I mean coming from Blackberry at the time pretty much everything out there was better, but still, this is an amazing OS. The whole ecosystem being built is exactly what I needed. I dont use ANY Apple products but I admire their ecosystem and app integration across all devices. I DO use windows and I DO use xbox and I use hotmail and I used Skydrive even before I got a Windows Phone. This was just what I needed to complete it.

That being said the one thing I DON'T like is the lack of file explorer and folders. Its a WINDOWS Phone... How could this not be included? Being able to put those NSFW pics or videos, even documents in a hidden folder is a must. If you want to be on top of privacy and security in your phone, this should be a standard feature now.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
For me, no. But depending on the needs and wants of others, there may be plenty of phones better. I enjoy having choices and I'm happy that Nokia doesn't follow every one else and have their own style.

Pros for the 920:

Camera
Exclusive Nokia Apps
Unique Style (Physical Attributes)
Durability
Screen

There are more, but these alone will have me switching from the 900 to the 920 rather than a Sammy or HTC WP device.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
For me, the 820 is actually the better phone. Reason being, the removable battery. That is make-or-break for me. I can deal with lack of storage space (I have a TITAN 1 and just use my Zune Music Pass and sometimes stream music, gotta love The One Plan on Three), but without a removable battery I cannot trust that my phone won't die. Trust me, 2 fully charged batteries (both OEM batteries, had them less than a year), and I still often struggle to make it through 9-5. My usage is just THAT intense.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
You say no other windows phone will come close like they have already released all details. Samsung didn't really say anything yet, and HTC has yet to officially demo their product. But I can see how you would be inclined to assume Nokia is the end all be all. They've done the most to really make WP an eye opener.

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express

sholokov

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
You say no other windows phone will come close like they have already released all details. Samsung didn't really say anything yet, and HTC has yet to officially demo their product. But I can see how you would be inclined to assume Nokia is the end all be all. They've done the most to really make WP an eye opener.

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express
I believe HTC has a lot of potential. They had a good marketing strategy once. Also their HTC touch flow/Sense was good innovation back in the days of Windows Mobile. I think, they have the potential to jump back in the game. Remember HD2...awesome device, even now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05