Battery life?

tapiocamilktea

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Anyone worried about the battery life? There are so many features for the new screen and its not OLED, wouldn't it drain the battery fast? Also there might be a battery consumption tradeoff with the nice camera features? Hopefully wp8 would compensate for these potential power hogs.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
It's impossible to say. We have totally new kernel and new SoC not used before in the OS.

The 28 nm SoC (Qualcomm MSM8960) should be improvement on battery compared to the old 45nm used on Mango phones.

But yeah, impossible to say when we have no reference as WP8 is pretty much new OS.

bb_gonzo

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't think the camera features will drain battery, espesically if you factor in that you don't take shots all day long. If you look at the competition and say that there are Android phones out there with 3000 mAh, dont forget that a) Andorid is a Battery hog and b) none of these phones are nearly as optimized for Android as the Lumias are for WP. I think best would be to compare it to the iPhone, the rumored new one. About the same Processor, screen size, -quality and dpi. And both are optimized for there respective OSs. The iPhone has a 5,45Whr Battery with 3.8V wich calculates to 1430mAh. So my guess would be that the 2000mAh of the Lumia will suffice. At least that what i hope.

Last edited:

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Not worried at all consider the data sheets report 17 hours of talk time, 65 hours of continuous music playback, 6 hours of continuous video playback, and 4 hours of continuous video recording. You average those out to general usage, and that's pretty darn good.

thebizz

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
oled displays are not that battery friendly either if you display anything other than a dark screen the oled displays use more power. The qualcomm s4 is very good on battery I constantly get a day of use(18 hours) out of my evo lte and keep on mind android is somewhat of a battery hog. Plus those coming from the lte equipped l900 should get much better battery life with the revised lte radio. I have no doubt that this phone will be more than acceptable when it comes to battery life.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
oled displays are not that battery friendly either if you display anything other than a dark screen the oled displays use more power. The qualcomm s4 is very good on battery I constantly get a day of use(18 hours) out of my evo lte and keep on mind android is somewhat of a battery hog. Plus those coming from the lte equipped l900 should get much better battery life with the revised lte radio. I have no doubt that this phone will be more than acceptable when it comes to battery life.

Yeah that LTE being integrated to the chip is a good point when it comes to battery life. It's the reason why most of the manufacturers have gone for this same SoC(outside WP8).

Screen is always the part that uses most of the battery so we will see how PureMotion HD + does there. Again one more part that's totally new.
Can't wait to see how that screen looks. Guys over The Verge where saying it was the best screen they had seen yet.

oblivman

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Battery comparisons vs the 900 (at least according to Nokia)

Code:
                      Lumia 920:        Lumia 900
2G Talk Time        17 hr                 7 hr
3G Talk Time        10 hr                 7 hr
Standby             400 hr             300 hr
Music Playback     67 hr               60 hr
Video Playback       6 hr              6.5 hr

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members