11-10-2012 10:39 PM
135 ... 23456
tools
    Yes, but can you do it on 4g LTE?
    Absolutely.
    09-14-2012 03:54 PM
    I'll be honest, the ONLY let down for me is the lack of cyan. . .

As trivial as it sounds, I think having that colour in the selection would really help sales.
    09-14-2012 04:42 PM
    Yes, but can you do it on 4g LTE?
    Absolutely.
    I thought the answer was not quite. I thought you could only be connected to one network at a time or something like that unless you have two radios.

Which is why I think if you have a Lumia 900 and you get a call, you drop down from LTE to HSPA if I'm correct, because HSPA supports simultaneous voice and data, while LTE right now is data only (though they are working on getting voice over LTE to work).

Now I do have a Lumia 900, but no LTE (I'm on Straight Talk) so I can't test it for you.
    09-14-2012 07:14 PM
    I thought the answer was not quite. I thought you could only be connected to one network at a time or something like that unless you have two radios.

Which is why I think if you have a Lumia 900 and you get a call, you drop down from LTE to HSPA if I'm correct, because HSPA supports simultaneous voice and data, while LTE right now is data only (though they are working on getting voice over LTE to work).

Now I do have a Lumia 900, but no LTE (I'm on Straight Talk) so I can't test it for you.
    Can anyone shed some light on this?
    09-20-2012 10:03 PM
    no Bluetooth 4.0
    no microSD

... That's really it. I'm more concerned about WP8 features and software, the 920 is pretty sufficient.

I'm not due for an upgrade for another year so we'll see what's available then..
    Surprise. It has 4.0 bluetooth. And I don't think anyone does voice over LTE.
    09-21-2012 01:02 AM
    Apparently metroPCS does. Which I find odd. You'd expect one of the major carriers to have it first.
    09-21-2012 01:14 AM
    Apparently metroPCS does. Which I find odd. You'd expect one of the major carriers to have it first.
    It doesn't. They said they should have it in like 6 months.
    09-21-2012 12:16 PM
    The only let down I have so far is it just looks so big. Until I get it into my hands it hard to say how much that will matter but still right now it looks massive.
    socialcarpet likes this.
    09-23-2012 12:33 AM
    Size is OK, weight in pocket might be an issue, will see when I go to the shop.
    What Id like to see is the ability to sync the phone to the PC using the wireless charging cradle if it is connected to a PC
    09-23-2012 01:35 AM
    Would love to have a glossy black. Pretty sure it'll be hard to distinguish the screen and the case.

Sent from my Radar C110e using Board Express
    09-23-2012 01:39 AM
    I love the weight. I have a 130g phone at the moment and I frquently have those freakout moments when I check to make sure I have my phone.

My biggest letdown is and will always be the lack of a Cyan phone on launch if it turns out that way.
    09-23-2012 01:45 AM
    The ability to record the phone conversation without turning the speaker on. I know this is illegal in some states in the US but we are talking about worldwide market here. The lack of this function is forgiveable for Android and iOS because they never have this function since their inception. But both Nokia and Microsoft have this function for years before the WP 7.
    09-23-2012 05:07 AM
    Given that we can use wireless chargers and sync wirelessly I would love to have a "plug" of some kind to blind off the USB port.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    sholokov likes this.
    09-23-2012 05:54 AM
    As others have said, the only negative I see is size. It looks ginormous. I wonder if the thing will even fit in my back pocket.
    Im still very willing to set that aside and get one. Looks like too great of a phone to pass up, even if it looks like a mini-tablet in size.
    sholokov and socialcarpet like this.
    09-23-2012 08:11 AM
    A qwerty keyboard!
    09-24-2012 05:52 PM
    The only thing I didn't like about the Lumia 920 was the colors. High gloss is the biggest turn off ever in consumer electronics. I really wanted to have a fun color and can't now.
    09-24-2012 06:47 PM
    It's bigger and heavier than the 900.

All I wanted was dual core, 1 GB RAM, 16+ GB memory and a 720p or better screen in a slightly smaller and lighter Lumia 900-like design.

Even the same size/weight would have been acceptable. But bigger and heavier? No thanks. :@
    09-25-2012 01:50 PM
    Not the biggest let down but have you guys noticed that they added that same bezel (rubber/plastic?) around the screen from the 900. I thought it was going to be "seamless" like the 800...
    No, it has the same curved style screen as the 800.
    09-25-2012 01:54 PM

Where did you get that its has 4.0? On Nokias website under the specs for the 920 it list it as Bluetooth 3.1. I heard a rumor somewhere about 4.0 and it would make sense that it would have it but just trying to get a clear source is all.

THanks
    10-01-2012 05:49 PM
    Lack of Micro SD, glossy plastic, no cyan, not a fan of certain design elements and chunky weight/size, no notification light, and most importantly for me, no AWS 1700MHz support for T-Mo, WIND, Mobilicity or the other AWS carriers.

Don't get me wrong, the Pureview is really nice and I absolutely LOVE the wireless charging as I'm coming over from webOS, but the disadvantages outweight the advantages for me.

I really want to love the Lumia, but right now I don't know if I can. Who knows though, if Nokia can fix a few of my issues, it may just be my next phone (assuming that the price isn't too ridiculous).
    10-01-2012 10:47 PM
    It doesn't. They said they should have it in like 6 months.
    I didn't read the entire article it seems. It launched in Dallas in August, and will be rolled out to the rest of it's LTE network in 4-6 months.

So they would be the first with VoLTE, but their VoLTE isn't nationwide yet.
    10-01-2012 11:13 PM
    Size and weight. I would have given up any feature besides the screen for it to be lighter and thinner.

If it was lighter and thinner, I would be 100% on board. Now I am about 50/50 if they all come out at once. If one of the high end WP8 phones comes out first, I am not sure I can wait a week or two. haha
    Last edited by tomatoes11; 10-02-2012 at 09:22 PM.
    socialcarpet likes this.
    10-02-2012 09:06 PM
    The size, weight and lack of matte in the bright colors.
    socialcarpet likes this.
    10-03-2012 06:21 PM
    carrier exclusive
    10-03-2012 10:10 PM
    We just like ticking people like you off...

The product has been "officially" launched. Production is behind but that doesn't mean the features will change.

Chill!!!
    Lack of FM Transmitter makes me think about the Lumia 920 as "not that big upgrade" to my N8, which is quite a ridicilous idea lol, but I can't help it. It's a really important feature to me, but I guess I'll get one of those FM transmitter dongles to the car or something..

Would've preferred matte finish, but they still look really great, just a minor thing really for fingerprint-reasons.

I could've lived without the huge 4,5" screen (coming from 3,5" N8 lol), but I'm sure I'll adapt.
    10-04-2012 02:20 AM
135 ... 23456